Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A pleasant surprise!
Hope you enjoyed your vacation OldBoy. I also hope that these cruise ship companies are participating in Caribbean aid / relief programs for the islands that remain devastated from the Cat 4 and Cat 5 hurricanes that raked the islands last year. Many of these islands have years of work ahead of them before they will again be a port of call accessible to cruise ships and having the amenities (and necessities of life) back in place to restore quality of life for the residents and to draw tourists again to restore the economy of each of these beautiful gems. They could at least "pass the plate" during the voyage!

I may be working for an extended period on one of the Leeward Islands this winter helping to develop a large quarry to provide some of the millions of tons of stone needed to rebuild ports, roads, airports, and other infrastructure. These projects are needed on multiple islands.

Just because the story is not in the media anymore, doesn't mean that it is life as usual for many. Everybody should pitch in if they can afford it.

Raven
I hope your vacay was fantastic!! That was a wonderful surprise!!
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ~ Mark Twain