Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A pleasant surprise!
My youngest daughter called Thursday night asking if I could meet her at Port Canaveral Sunday afternoon around noon, she was vague with the details, but she's my baby girl, so of course I said yes.

Last night she called and told me to pack a bag...She's taking me on a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas!  I have been to Freeport and Nassau many times in the past, but Princess Cay is a new destination for me, I'm quite excited.

I'll likely be absent from ioplist for the next 4-5 days, but will be at my timeshare in Panama City from 15 - 22 December, they have internet, of course, and I'll be sure to describe the Bahamas trip.

May all of our lives have pleasant surprises like this now and again!
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

Thanks for sharing your good news OldBoy.

Hope you have the best of times.

Surprises like that are nice to get. We will be looking for those updates.  Smile
Oldboy,

That is great news. Have a wonderful time and tell us all about it. Smile
Lucky you!  Have fun & know u will! Bring back some souvenirs for us ?
Wonderful to hear this news, OB! Most happy for you. Have an incredible time.
(12-09-2017, 02:41 PM)OldBoy Wrote: My youngest daughter called Thursday night asking if I could meet her at Port Canaveral Sunday afternoon around noon, she was vague with the details, but she's my baby girl, so of course I said yes.

Last night she called and told me to pack a bag...She's taking me on a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas!  I have been to Freeport and Nassau many times in the past, but Princess Cay is a new destination for me, I'm quite excited.

I'll likely be absent from ioplist for the next 4-5 days, but will be at my timeshare in Panama City from 15 - 22 December, they have internet, of course, and I'll be sure to describe the Bahamas trip.

May all of our lives have pleasant surprises like this now and again!

That's Great news what a wonderful daughter, may the world be full of more random acts of kindness like this one! Love and happiness spread and break down more walls and disagreements than any bombs or bullets could ever do.
So pleased for you OldBoy Been reading your posts the last couple of weeks since you joined, and if anyone deserves a break like this one its you mate. So a nice relaxing break with a very thoughtful well brought up daughter and from what I see probably a day or so till the veil is lifted on solving your meds problem getting well and moving on to the better more comfortable life that you deserve.
Your good news has genuinely brought a smile to my face and inspired me to do something nice for a relative or even a complete stranger today.

Enjoy the nice relaxation and rejuvenation

Blandy
Enjoy some quality time my friend,,,, It does wonders for the soul ...

Great place, you'll have a blast...

See ya's when you return...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
(12-14-2017, 09:57 AM)IceWizard Wrote: Enjoy some quality time my friend,,,, It does wonders for the soul ...

Great place, you'll have a blast...

See ya's when you return...

Ice

Thank you Ice - I'll write up a description for the Lounge when time allows.  Have a great weekend and a wonderful Christmas!
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

Yes, O, please follow up with the details of the trip. Haven't been there in ages. Would love to hear your happy story.
(12-24-2017, 02:04 PM)Rafterman Wrote: Yes, O, please follow up with the details of the trip. Haven't been there in ages. Would love to hear your happy story.

Thanks RM - As a veteran of MS-DOS 3.0, I do my long-form writing on Ubuntu's Libreoffice, then copy and paste.  Much less chance of losing work.

I'll update as soon as possible, even though I'm a bit too "old and busted" to scuba dive or the like, the islands are full of beauty, and the people some of the friendliest I've met the world over.

-- Saint Basil