Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anxiety/Insomnia
Does anyone have any experience with methods of getting over insomnoa without medication? It's to the point where I lay in bed for 5 hrs and after sunrise I finally fall asleep, but rarely wake up refreshed anymore. I'm even doing more exercise, lifting a lot, working out a lot harder, a good amount of the reason being in hopes that it will tire me enough to fall asleep at night. I've used ambien and benzos in the past, but I'm looking for an alternative for when I don't have those, and before I resort to them again. Benedryl will knock me out but its a weird sleep, I wake up groggy, still feeling like I'm not getting quality* sleep. Any opinions, suggestions, etc is appreciated.

This was the best place I thought I should post this, sorry if I missed a better category to put this under.
http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=103

This thread may have info also.

But, I see kratom mentioned instantly. Don't forget it becomes a sch1 on 30 September. Reasons unknown.

Btw, perfect place for this thread, real.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Thank you Charon! I wonder why it's being made sch1... Just like they refused to take mj off the dangerous drug list, it doesn't make sense.
Because the multi billion dollar drug industry has not figured out a way to collect the monies from MMJ and kratom.

They really only allow scripts of about three meds. humira, lyrica and xarelto. For everything.

Many of us won't make it.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

I had to use melatonin in the past when I ran out of my rx. I hope you are able to find something that helps you. MJ should be legal everywhere my cousin is in CO... So unfair lol.
I love this combo ( you can first try with one of this and then add more things, it is pretty cheap if you live in USA ) :
- GABA ( from 500 mg to 2 g )
- Tryptophan or 5-HTP ( Trypto from 2 g to 3 g , 5Htp 200mg )
-Melatonin ( from 0.5mg to 5mg , you can get the slow release one )
- Glycine ( 3 g )
-Taurine ( 3 g )

And I you want to try a none benzo med for sleep, Trazodone 50mg is great and cheap too.
(09-10-2016, 05:23 PM)relaxme Wrote: I love this combo ( you can first try with one of this and then add more things, it is pretty cheap if you live in USA ) :
- Glycine ( 3 g )
-Taurine ( 3 g )

And I you want to try a none benzo med for sleep, Trazodone 50mg is great and cheap too.
Thanks! I will look into this ASAP.
Have you tried valerian? I've had some success with that. It's the only herb that has ever helped. It smells terrible, but worked the best for me out of all the herbs. Passionflower is a really popular one also. You can get tea and supplements that combine both.
For me, making sure the room is completely dark makes a huge difference to me. A lot of times in can make bigger difference than taking a pill. The lack of sunlight naturally triggers melatonin.
(09-10-2016, 06:32 PM)1real5 Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 05:23 PM)relaxme Wrote: I love this combo ( you can first try with one of this and then add more things, it is pretty cheap if you live in USA ) :
- Glycine ( 3 g )
-Taurine ( 3 g )

Thanks! I will look into this ASAP.

If you don't mind me asking has combo on a scale of 1 to 10 done the job for the sleep aid? I have heard that Trazodone is very heavy, although never tried it.
I seem to see Melatonin popping up quite allot in threads. I have not tried this, is this on its own quite potent? It seems I can get this easy in my country.