Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zohydro ER - More rare than an elusive ghost?
I just looked it up. These are the tabs I thought they were. I had them once. I paid prob $4-$500/ rx since my ins didnt cover them but I wanted to try them. I ate them like skittles. They are hard as shit to break but if you are persistent and chew them to the point of no return it breaks up the time release if one wanted to do so. If you want them for long term pain relief all day they definitely worked. I got them back in prob 17 give or take and I believe the laws have since changed.
This is not the proper way to obtain maximal pain relief using this product… it has a complex structured delayed/sustained release structure with at least 2 distinct layers separated by inactive ingredients -(gel/polymers) designed to protect parts of it more from digestion than others, which creates a “gated” effect that releases the active ingredient in the medication (hyd0c0d0ne in this case, I believe) gradually

over time - such that if one is one is on the appropriate dose/knows their appropriate dose and has established adequate preexisting opioid tolerance in a medically safe environment/methodology, to as limited of a degree as possible as is necessary for sufficent symptom relief. This minimizes the danger of opioid overdose because there are not dramatic “spikes” in blood plasma concentration throughout the intended duration of use (I forget whether the product in question can be both 12 and 24 hour formulations, I know it’s intention is long term pain control in one of both of those forms), but rather a gradual and predictable rise in blood concentration, followed by a long and sustained plateau for 10+
Hours before a 12 hour medication begins to wear odd, or 22+ hours with a 24 hour duration product.

Furthermore I become the best bioavailability is achieved by oral ingestion (I am unsure how chewing it affects the dissolution, I imagine many factors affect that, but I wouldn’t recommend it unless your pain is severe and acute and you’re desperate for releof.