Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disciplined Dosing
(02-25-2017, 05:24 AM)Raven Wrote: Always consider that your supply chain could be disrupted, or that your sources could rapidly disappear altogether. Everyone on this forum should have a realistic sense of what the consequences of sudden withdrawal are. They can be life threatening. If you keep your dose low and maintain enough medication for a safe taper, then you should be OK. Be safe my friends.

Good Luck
Black Bird

Man oh man, this is what happened to me...been prescribed 1mg xan for 10 years, the last year and half with a nervous doctor...and I wasn't prepared. Wish I had gone in only a week earlier, but waited til I had only 3 pills left...was too self-assured and...disaster. Lesson learnt. I will never get caught with my pants down again. Had to make those 3 .05s last 8 days. Was hard but thank the Lord I survived it with no major issues.

I sort of consider myself lucky with zanax. Could never handle more than 1mg/day...and believe me I tried! But it was easy to keep it below that simply because I don't like the sleepy/sluggish effect when I'd go higher. Reading so much on benzos lately, it seems the only thing certain about them is their chameleon-like quality. As many different reactions to them as there are people taking them.
Could not figure out how to quote Raven but the advice is bang on.  When you have be careful not to get "too happy"-like I said before I count them out for the week, you see what you have and keep yourself honest.

You never know when a doc or pharmacy or life's surprises can leave you short-for some people this is dangerous.

If I can, I try to keep enough for a liight taper even if it means pulling a tab a week (rather be uncomfortable for a day-sometimes no problem) you can have 20-30 "spares".  Stay safe-nothing is guaranteed.
(04-20-2017, 08:05 PM)mr nobody Wrote: Could not figure out how to quote Raven but the advice is bang on.  When you have be careful not to get "too happy"-like I said before I count them out for the week, you see what you have and keep yourself honest.

You never know when a doc or pharmacy or life's surprises can leave you short-for some people this is dangerous.

If I can, I try to keep enough for a liight taper even if it means pulling a tab a week (rather be uncomfortable for a day-sometimes no problem) you can have 20-30 "spares".  Stay safe-nothing is guaranteed.

press quote then reply buttons Smile

spot on last sentence nothing in life is guaranteed being dependent on chain of events, one is bound to run into wall at some point,matter is how hard of a hit one can take when it happens.
Because it is not always possible to have such discipline in life and since bad luck can strike anytime the bast idea would be to keep a spare amount of flowers in case of need. Best would be to keep this cache not available at once. Maybe it is to be trusted to a very close friend or in a carefully hidden place out of immediate reach.
(04-26-2017, 09:41 PM)nickolyko Wrote: Because it is not always possible to have such discipline in life and since bad luck can strike anytime the bast idea would be to keep a spare amount of flowers in case of need. Best would be to keep this cache not available at once. Maybe it is to be trusted to  a very close friend or in a carefully hidden place out of immediate reach.

This will sound harsh but without discipline you are in for suffering-you must try not to "run out" but not everyone can do this.

You could vacuum seal product then freeze into a block of ice using a freezer bag or plastic container that would make you think twice.

Someone could really make some money if they came up with a small lockbox with a day setting or would only open a certain number of times.
All these "tricks" are not good substitutes for planning, and self control....

Flexing your self control muscles in other areas, will make them stronger....and easier to use. Lots of side benefits...like self confidence and peace of mind.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
If u can afford it bulk is the way to go, like I pay a dollar max per pill for something that if I had to get locally would be $7. I know its not possible for everyone but if you can get your hands on 500 bucks you can get a years supply of top level benzos.
Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stranger[Image: lightbulb.png]
(04-27-2017, 03:40 PM)Popster Wrote: All these "tricks" are not good substitutes for planning, and self control....

Flexing your self control muscles in other areas, will make them stronger....and easier to use.  Lots of side benefits...like self confidence and peace of mind.

Without self-control and the ability to cope with life's challenges...all is for naught.

Was not saying one should delude yourself with tricks-but honestly if a machine controlled dose and could not be overridden could help some people and I still think that is worthwhile esp with tapering.
That sounds very much like the experiments humans do with monkeys.

A machine controlled dose is not going to stop anybody from dosing....if that is what they want. After all, we humans are quite intelligent (and frail). Do we have our family or friends lock us up behind bars to control our behavior or do we have free will?

When you put it in the hands of "others"...they will/can fail you...or there will be guilt and unfair pressure and so we fail them...putting the relationship in danger.

It really comes down to ourselves... we have to take ownership of the taking and the tapering....IMO.

However, if you have one of those machines nearby...I'll take one.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
granted, popster. however, if one does not have the strength or support to take a low dose when prescribed, those machines can help with "will power."

and, i would rather see the poor man take his dosage, although monitored by the machine, until he builds up enough from possible problems or whatever those meds do, and has this under his dominion and control.

I think its a good start mr nobody.

WAIT a minute. I quote pops: Do we have our family or friends lock us up behind bars to control our behavior or do we have free will?

I have seen people locked up by their families over all sorts of things. One 17 yr old girl was institutionalized for smoking once in the local high school ladies room. One man came home drunk and told his mother sternly: Not tonight, mom. Both got put away. Both had trouble getting back out. It is a business in the county in which I lived. I was excellent at getting people released from a hospital in my area. But, yeah, sometimes we do have family members try to choose our lives for us.

Maybe sometimes it could be necessary. Most of the time it is aimed at winning the inevitable inheritance at the end of the rainbow.

But, I could be jaded.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel