Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are PK's so difficult to find on IOP's and DNM's?
I'm sorry to hear these sad stories related to pk and terminal illness. That being said the pk abuse rate on the east coast is at an epidemic level.

The demand is so high criminal elements are actualy making counterfeit percs 30 and hydro tens. They actualy do so with such skill most people don't know they're fake. Its impressive actualy. I'm not talking f3nt packed shady 80s. They have legitimate active ingredients sourced from big pharma in North America.

This alarming trend puts doctors in a precarious situation. Do they continue to wright scripts, to ensure the truly pained receive needed meds, despite the alarming abuse rates. Or should they allow this truly American "free market" of counterfeit pills to fule abuse while the sick are left to suffer.

I know pk will be abused regardless of docs writing scripts so I believe they should focus less on restricting them and focus more on educating patients of the life long negative side effects of long term use

Larry
What makes sense is that Pharma will find the way to get you. I have worked for Pharma companies in EU. They know what is happening . Be sure. They want patients to depend on their products. Is anyone who believes that they dont make billions of it. They want huge profits. If you escape from PK they have Meth@done and Sub and so many drugs to grab you again . The circle never ends. Who pays docs to write selective RX on their pain products ? Who bribe health systems to give licence for some of the most potent opoioids ? Search and find who were behind the OC epidemic to US . Once theiy are done with X drug they throw in the market the Z one 5 times more potent and more addictive. And they dont stop . They push Fεnt even 100 times more potent. Patch- spray what else we need to witness..And the oncologists said ok it is so strong it can kill our patients like no other thing wait a minute and Gov said ok lets give it on the masses to see how many will quit life after they realize how many respiratory depression it caused on wards. Do we need more addictive and potent drugs than Morph or I dont personally thing it so. Only in rare cases. And I believe in the freedom for any pain patient to choose his meds with safety and dignity. Without so many laws and restrictions making patients a target after Pharmas secure their profits is unethical and against common sence.
Well said Nickolyko.
OR
pretty disgusting.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(12-16-2016, 12:22 PM)Charon Wrote: pretty disgusting.

To me, this equates to torture. I can't say I blame the doctors alone. It's our damn heartless government that feels they have to punish everyone for the mistakes of a few. It's not right and I pray things will change, but anytime the government takes something away, it's usually gone forever. Government is more of a terrorist to us than people of other countries.

I hope your brother's suffering will stop soon. This has got to change. Animals are treated with more compassion than humans are. There's something very wrong with this picture. Angry

Cricket
Very true indeed Cricket ...

For the life of me, I cannot figure out just why someone even bothers to become a doctor ... All that school and not to mention residence before they're even able to start a "practice", when all you really need is 6 months in D3A school and you know EXACTALLY what any person needs, in terms of what medz (if any) any different ailment or opperation that takes place ...

Not to even consider that different folks respond to stuff entirely different...

So in a short 6 mths anybody can out-diagnose a doctor with more hrs in, than the D3A guy has in his years on earth....

IT'S AMAZING!!

Our gub-mint at it's finest ...

Don't even get me started on them ...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
"I guess that's why they call it "practicing" medicine. They just can't seem to get it right."

Love it! About as accurate as you can get Cricket. 

I hate reading these stories. I'm so tired of Dr's thinking they know your body better than you do. They trust us with alcohol and tobacco, two of the WORST things you could put in your body, but they won't trust us with leg@l pharm$ that actually help us. Completely ridiculous.

And I disagree 100% with the gov't officials living in their own world. Own health care plan, own pension...it brings back the moment in Fahrenheit 9/11 where Moore asks the politician that voted to invade Afghanistan if he would enlist his own child and send him over. The guys face was priceless, like it had never occurred to him that HIS own son could die overseas. 

I did the pk thing for 6 years after a back injury. Some of the worst years of my life. Depending on that junk to make me feel ok and then having my Dr forget to fill it before the weekend and the go into wd's for two days. Thank God for kr@tom. Kept me going and eventually helped me get off the meds. Funny thing is about 3 months after I did my body's own pain management kicked in and my back felt SO much better.

Since that time the state where I live has made it mandatory for Dr's to only prescribe one weeks worth of pk's at a time and you have to actually make an appointment to go in and see the doc to refill. Sounds like a complete insurance scam to me. Never mind making the chronically ill drive to/fro or find a ride to the clinic. 

The whole thing is absurd. 
(12-16-2016, 10:06 PM)Shogun Wrote: "I guess that's why they call it "practicing" medicine. They just can't seem to get it right."

Love it! About as accurate as you can get Cricket. 

I hate reading these stories. I'm so tired of Dr's thinking they know your body better than you do. They trust us with alcohol and tobacco, two of the WORST things you could put in your body, but they won't trust us with leg@l pharm$ that actually help us. Completely ridiculous.

And I disagree 100% with the gov't officials living in their own world. Own health care plan, own pension...it brings back the moment in Fahrenheit 9/11 where Moore asks the politician that voted to invade Afghanistan if he would enlist his own child and send him over. The guys face was priceless, like it had never occurred to him that HIS own son could die overseas. 

I did the pk thing for 6 years after a back injury. Some of the worst years of my life. Depending on that junk to make me feel ok and then having my Dr forget to fill it before the weekend and the go into wd's for two days. Thank God for kr@tom. Kept me going and eventually helped me get off the meds. Funny thing is about 3 months after I did my body's own pain management kicked in and my back felt SO much better.

Since that time the state where I live has made it mandatory for Dr's to only prescribe one weeks worth of pk's at a time and you have to actually make an appointment to go in and see the doc to refill. Sounds like a complete insurance scam to me. Never mind making the chronically ill drive to/fro or find a ride to the clinic. 

The whole thing is absurd. 

All American's sufferin' with pain are under attack by our own government. They make it soooo hard to get the meds that help. And they are also goin' after things that ease W/D', like Kratom. They want us to suffer one way or another.
My thoughts on this are, now that we are "waking up" to what they are doin' to this country, they are scared we might come after them. BUT, if they can keep us in tons of pain, we won't be able to do much against them. Feelin' good and useful seems to be becoming a crime to them. This is just another way for them to have control over us. Control of EVERYTHING in our lives.

These so called leaders we have are evil to the core and need to go. Unfortunately tho, I see no way of us ever seeing the light of day again. God better come back soon cause that old devil has taken over and is not gonna let go.

And God help us if they find a way to take away our guns. If they do, then we're fair game. It's a bad time to be alive and in need of good medical care. Angry

Cricket
Yep, you got it. I'm not very political for the reason that all politicians seem to be the same, or talk a big game to get elected and then fall into the same patterns and games that all the others play. I did vote (for a third party candidate), but I'm actually glad Trump won. Sure, he might drag this country into the depths of hell but it proved the status quo has a chance at change in the future elections. I'll take that any day over this wash, rinse, repeat cycle we are stuck in. And I, for one, will NEVER give up my firearms. ?
(12-17-2016, 01:16 AM)Shogun Wrote: Yep, you got it. I'm not very political for the reason that all politicians seem to be the same, or talk a big game to get elected and then fall into the same patterns and games that all the others play. I did vote (for a third party candidate), but I'm actually glad Trump won. Sure, he might drag this country into the depths of hell but it proved the status quo has a chance at change in the future elections. I'll take that any day over this wash, rinse, repeat cycle we are stuck in. And I, for one, will NEVER give up my firearms. ?

I hear ya about the guns. If they try to take them, it's gonna be a bloody battle. But, they have all the biggest guns and are able to spy on us to know what we might be planning. As much as I hate to say it, it would be a fight we could not win.

I'm not too sure about Trump, tho I'm thrilled Hillary didn't win, but I don't think this is set in stone yet. Things are goin' on behind the scene to get Trump out before he's sworn in. But, no matter who ends up as pres., we can be sure we will be screwed. Like you said, they talk a good game to get "elected", but as soon as they're sworn in, all promises are out the window. I fear Hillary and all of her minions will not quit until they get her in the top position. IF it happens and they get Trump out, that should be proof that our votes mean nothing. I put NOTHING past the Clinton's and I know they will do anything to change those "election" results. ANYTHING. If I were Trump, I'd watch my back big time. Even tho, I'm not so sure this whole thing wasn't planned from the beginning. I believe they're all in cahoots anyway.

Time will tell. The only sure thing is we will be screwed.

Cricket