Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No such thing as duct tape fix for benzo abuse
(10-22-2015, 07:24 AM)Caróg liath Wrote: @Harley, I had no idea you suffered a loss that involved benzos.  I am neither pro nor con on this subject.  I am so sorry for your loss.

In regards to the Benzobuddies site you mentioned, I have no knowledge of them and only sited a scholastic paper (PDF) I wrote in 2007 which was published.  They may have gleaned this information from that paper, not the other way round.

I deeply respect Mayo Clinic, but do not feel that any of the WHO's want to know or convey the truth behind a lot of these drugs; they simply become "pill pushers" themselves citing the 'flavour' of the month for monetary gain (sorry to be so jaded, but my work in this area left me very saddened at the way people were treated)... again, this is only my opinion after working in the medical community, and opting to continue my training by combining more holistic approaches with the (so called) traditional ones.

Again, I am deeply sorry for your loss, whatever it was (I only see that @EasyDoesit mentioned it here without any detail).

And thank you for your opinion. Smile 

Best wishes and take good care.

CL

Maybe read back and you will find the truth, about comments regarding Harley tragic loss of her mother at a young age, and you will see for yourself. Words can not describe what are fellow forum member has been through.

Carry On
                          ~Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it~
@EasyDoesit, I am no stranger to loss.

Both of my parents were killed in front of me when I was 4.  I was reared in 14 different foster care families, none of which wanted me other than for the lolly they got when I was with them.

I won't go on, as this is not the time or place for it, however, I feel that's why I became interested in helping other beings (all creatures that inhabit this planet) and trying my best (during my time here ) to offer what help I can, when I can.

I do not wish to pry with @Harley, only wish her the best now and always.

Thank you.  Best to you as well @EasyDoesit.

CL   Heart
Thank you for your kind, compassionate words @MrKona.

I wish you the best and all the success life can offer.

Have a great weekend!

Best wishes, to you and yours. CL Smile
Thank you the acknowledgement MrKona,

I started this thread to hopefully help someone as the articles helped me. Just happy the articles got through as I intended.

Hope we become good forum friends on here MrKona, and Harley is an amazing and strong person.
                          ~Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it~
I have needed to take benzo s regularly for a long time. In what I thought pretty high amounts at times. Then due to 3 seized orders in a row I ended up running out. I was scared to death. But for some reason I didn't feel any real withdrawal. Don't get me wrong my anxiety went through the roof but it always was without them. I'm happy I didn't experience w/d I hear it's hell. But it's hard to live with terrible as well.
Graham3735.......that's very interesting about the lack of WDs.....thanks for sharing your experience and I offer my condolences for running out (3 seized in a row is indeed a run of bad luck)........your are a strong person.....better luck on your next order.......
I hope your using more than one vendor.......my own history has proven to me that this is a good method (the "don't put all your eggs in one basket method").

Better luck.....do you mind posting ( or pm me) on what you call "pretty high amounts"

(01-16-2016, 03:09 PM)graham3735 Wrote: I have needed to take benzo s regularly for a long time. In what I thought pretty high amounts at times. Then due to 3 seized orders in a row I ended up running out. I was scared to death. But for some reason I didn't feel any real withdrawal. Don't get me wrong my anxiety went through the roof but it always was without them. I'm happy I didn't experience w/d I hear it's hell. But it's hard to live with terrible as well.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
I am myself coming off a break of several years, and I think this thread is spot-on about the dangers of abuse. I had a buddy years ago that unfortunately passed away in his early 20's as the end result of benzo abuse. And I have known plenty others who have passed away as a result of mixing benzos with other medications. It's a slippery slope, and IMO one would be well-advised to tread lightly and take breaks as needed.

If you're going to take a break, the best and safest way is to taper down rather than "cold-turkey". Likewise, when you come off your break, you should taper up rather than trying to pick up right where you left off. Best wishes to all, and be safe!