Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.63 Average
Photographs Thread
Linville.....in a way I cheated...cause in my youth (21 years old) I spent 6 weeks in Australia and have actually seen the 12 Apostles...so I was lucky....

This is made of paper:

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
The anvil of a thunderstorm is such a cool thing to be able to see.

[Image: tumblr_oluznm7XaN1qb3v7ho1_1280.jpg]
(03-14-2017, 06:13 PM)Popster Wrote: Thanks Linville.....

I have noticed over time that my observations of watching my own mind and the comments of others...particularly Ice, FP, Charon and others..... that a single picture of beauty (in the eyes of the beholder) can have a strong positive effect on our emotions and state of being.....

and....it doesn't take long....it takes more than a glance, but it doesn't take long....a little lingering is required.

Words such as peaceful, thoughtful, calming, smiling come to mind......if laughter is the best medicine, than beauty is right next to it   Cool

Yes so true Popster. I meant to respond to this and now can't remember if I did, but sometimes on a small device I cannot see as much as I would like.

Thank you my friend for the feeling of comraderie!

I agree that a simple positive word is very important and meaningful.

Let's see what was it that I saw,

Give much love in small acts.

I think that would qualify with your comment, in a way, eh?

Thanks again My Friend !

For your wisdom.....

I found another of the same beauty in a broader aspect, I hope it is enjoyed

[Image: 12-apostles-great-ocean-road.jpg]
Yes it is this good....Kauai end of road and walk out to an overlook.

The jagged cliffs and lush in the north of Kauai ( Na Pali Coast) are in stark contrast to the drier west side, shaped by the Waimea Canyon which is (also known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific is called). Most of the coast is fringed by sandy beaches with coral reefs. On Kauai, there is the Wailua River, the only navigable river in Hawaii. In the shallow Hanalei Valley is mainly taro cultivation.

[Image: kauai-island.jpg]

[Image: kauai+hawaii+07.jpg]

More of Kauai, near Hanalei....and that place is PARADISE.

[Image: Hanalei+Bay%252C+Sunset.jpg]
Not as well known as other places....but this is one of the world's/nature's miracles of wonder......any guesses?

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata
Hmmm

Knowing you it could literally be anywhere in the would or in ur backyard .

But it looks like an old volcano.
[Image: tumblr_onc6n3nYI11sciduvo1_1280.jpg]
previous pic was.......Tonto National Forest//Arizona

sunset Utah

[Image: tumblr_okeoz6jFxp1sciduvo1_1280.jpg]
linville....great guess...... The crater, which is actually a type of collapsed volcano called a caldera, is often referred to as Africa’s Eden or the 8th natural wonder of the world.  It is so big it has craters inside it and lakes.  Many/most of the animals in it NEVER leave.  It is the inspiration for those "lost world" books and movies.  A kind of voluntary confinement.  Astonishing.....more pics:

[attachment=3027]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

After 10 hours working on a Tri screen system....
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"