08-04-2017, 02:46 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 02:48 AM by Dancing Wolf.)
"The Saga of a Used Car"
by the 'already tired' new owner
and so it begins...
Phone rings, "Hello??"
"The car won't start, it keeps trying but won't start"
"Don't keep trying to start the car, you'll drain the battery. Do you have gas?"
"yes, I filled it up"
"Does it make any noises, such as clicking, before it tries to start?"
"Yes, it clicks and then tries to start, but it won't start......."
"Ok, it's the starter. I'll change clothes and come help you."
"I'm really sorry....."
"Better to happen now than while you are in school (college)"
*resigned to my fate facial expression LOL*
2 1/2 hrs later, under the hot southern sunshine:
AAA tow man - "It's the starter..."
Towed to where we had car cked out about month ago, when I purchased it for him to drive to college.
Now the white elephant rests quietly in the lot, awaiting repair.
My grandson has named it something I won't type here..
My vehicle is named "Blue boy", an appropriate name cuz it's bright Capri blue (something like that)
the other car needs a better name - maybe Whitey Bulger or something - cuz it's already Killing Me financially??
by the 'already tired' new owner

and so it begins...
Phone rings, "Hello??"
"The car won't start, it keeps trying but won't start"
"Don't keep trying to start the car, you'll drain the battery. Do you have gas?"
"yes, I filled it up"
"Does it make any noises, such as clicking, before it tries to start?"
"Yes, it clicks and then tries to start, but it won't start......."
"Ok, it's the starter. I'll change clothes and come help you."
"I'm really sorry....."
"Better to happen now than while you are in school (college)"
*resigned to my fate facial expression LOL*
2 1/2 hrs later, under the hot southern sunshine:
AAA tow man - "It's the starter..."
Towed to where we had car cked out about month ago, when I purchased it for him to drive to college.
Now the white elephant rests quietly in the lot, awaiting repair.
My grandson has named it something I won't type here..
My vehicle is named "Blue boy", an appropriate name cuz it's bright Capri blue (something like that)
the other car needs a better name - maybe Whitey Bulger or something - cuz it's already Killing Me financially??
"Let your tongue speak what your heart thinks." --Davy Crockett

