05-03-2016, 11:10 PM
(05-02-2016, 05:25 PM)Insomnia_Sucks Wrote: Good afternoon everyone.Ah, hello, I_S, always good to see you. I've been on the melatonin bandwagon for years - It doen't help me sleep any better, but it does provide for a more "level-set" feeling the next day, which I'll certainly take if I can get it. My youngest daghter, a college senior, swears by the stuff, says it put her into a deep sleep in no time, but I'm just built differently I suppose.
Seems like a lot of you have been going through a lot of $hit lately!
Apart from my boss being an arse I've been getting on quite well so I really hope you all get through your current personal issues ASAP!
I have, since discussing it in other areas (on this site) and with friends, now started taking a low dose (1-2mg) melatonin...every...night...and *touch wood* it seems to be *touch wood again* working wonders!
I decided to make it a nightly thing once I read about all the other benefits (besides sleep) it can have on the body:
"Melatonin is a potent antioxidant and anti-aging therapy that has been shown to help prevent or treat multiple medical conditions"
Google has all the info....
So, the 2 paragraphs above are 'linked' in that;
I've been reading about B2G's insomnia, Roses 'dreary weather depression', Ice's 24 hour bug, Harley's arthritis, etc. and there are multiple claims/ a bunch of information claiming that melatonin can help all these things! (Insomnia, S.A.D, immune system, pain, anxiety, digestion, the list goes on)
so...given how cheap it is, it maybe worth a try? - if you do decide to, give it a few weeks, seems it takes a few weeks to start fully working.
I just did a quick search now and check this...:
"Some reports have shown that modulates GABAA receptor function (Golombek et al. 1996). Thus, melatonin increases GABA and muscimol affinity for the GABAA receptor in the rat cerebral cortex in vitro (Coloma and Niles 1988). This action is similar to the well-known effect of diazepam, because both compounds cause a 60–70% GABA binding increase (Coloma and Niles 1988)"
Source: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Vin...000000.pdf
Sorry, this seems a bit off topic now but, I don't know, I just seem to have found what I've always been looking for...?
Every time I google it I read something else that surprises me.
I was reading through some of my older posts earlier (trying to remember if I'd discussed melatonins other benefits before) and noticed some funny characters throughout people's (especially my) posts. ÃÅ for example. It's no biggie like, I think it may have happened when that server swap took place.
Ok I'm going to make a cup of tea
Have a nice Monday everyone
No problems here except for a vendor getting too big for his britches - Hopefully that's all sorted now, I may be a "senior citizen", but I was once an Airborne Ranger, flapping one's lips at me and spraying filth in the process generally isn't a good idea, the response is unpleasant, and can get even more unpleasant if the issue doesn't resolve.
Best to all - Missed you today during a rather hectic day at work, came home to an empty mailbox, and resorted to the free Domino's pizza coupon for dinner. "It was the best of time, it was the worst of times..."

