04-14-2016, 02:09 PM
(04-14-2016, 11:56 AM)Back2Good Wrote:(04-14-2016, 11:49 AM)Insomnia_Sucks Wrote: Thanks for the kind words people but I forgot to mention, the hotel and I are now FRIENDS!!!
I did what I said I would yesterday (air con off, portable heater on, window open) and I got a solid 7 hours. No coughing up crap or blowing my nose all night.
So, ok the air con is dodgy but I found the perfect way around it
As for my sore legs, that's my own fault, I should have had 1 or 2 rest days between my runs, but I didn't so today walking is sore.
You guys (and girls- 'guys' means both sexes to me) are too nice
Oh, how I envy you that you can still run, Insomnia_Sucks - I ran 5 miles every morning, rain or shine, before the discs in my back degenerated from old injuries, and then had a heart attack (a fairly major one that left me with pulmonary hypertension), so I'm limited to short walks outside when the weather is good, and 30 minutes walking on ye olde treadmill on days like today. I remember that soreness well - Actually miss it sometimes!
Really sorry to hear about your heart attack, B2G. I can't imagine how scary that must have been - well, I guess it would scare me, I would feel that my body had betrayed me in a major way. Â I'm sorry you can't take more vigorous exercise any more but very glad you still have the capacity to go for pleasant walks - and look after those chicks, of course. The back injuries also sound very trying - I for one always underestimated my back until the first time it let me down. Stuck on the sofa unable to get off without pain, I was the perfect vision of vulnerability and I have never made the mistake of underestimating it again.Â
Hope your back improves and that you get more mobile as the days progress.


