04-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Morning all. Charon, you gave me a good old smile there, thanks. I am handling the world's laziest builder right now (never seen so many cups of tea consumed while taking a break - and he has hot competition!) so I can handle anything right now. After all, it's only my kitchen that has been completely ripped out - no rush to get it back in, is there? 
IS, you have the perfect solution of going to a hotel. I did consider something similar, but with two teenagers, two dogs and a trio of cats, it all seemed a bit too much to organise, so here I am sitting in a building site posting this. IS, I AM that client, I am afraid - loud music in my room would send me running to the front desk really fast, it is my absolute bete noir when it comes to staying in hotels. I've even been known to complain that New Years' Eve parties are too loud - yes, really, I am afraid I am not joking! I have such a problem with music when it is invasive. Currently hiding in my loft in my house as the lazy builder has music on at concert-venue levels on the ground floor....oh dear!
Ice, I love the word "knotheads" (don't love what it means, of course, but it is a great word). This is another one I am going to steal from you and use rampantly in my life now. Where possible, I will of course add "tm Ice Wizard" to acknowledge the theft.
A big hello to all at the great Cafe Linville today, have good days all and do walk on the wild side if you can locate it!

IS, you have the perfect solution of going to a hotel. I did consider something similar, but with two teenagers, two dogs and a trio of cats, it all seemed a bit too much to organise, so here I am sitting in a building site posting this. IS, I AM that client, I am afraid - loud music in my room would send me running to the front desk really fast, it is my absolute bete noir when it comes to staying in hotels. I've even been known to complain that New Years' Eve parties are too loud - yes, really, I am afraid I am not joking! I have such a problem with music when it is invasive. Currently hiding in my loft in my house as the lazy builder has music on at concert-venue levels on the ground floor....oh dear!
Ice, I love the word "knotheads" (don't love what it means, of course, but it is a great word). This is another one I am going to steal from you and use rampantly in my life now. Where possible, I will of course add "tm Ice Wizard" to acknowledge the theft.
A big hello to all at the great Cafe Linville today, have good days all and do walk on the wild side if you can locate it!

