02-25-2016, 08:44 AM
Good morning, back to my early appearances here in the UK.
Harley, I'm sorry to hear about your ski-ing trip. How disappointing it got cancelled when you had it all planned as happening in your mind. I guess it is understandable for the others to cancel if they couldn't afford the extra money it was going to cost them to go, but I would always want to try my hardest not to let someone else down. Anyway, I do hope you can come up with something else to do that will give you some pleasure and perhaps stop you feeling let down, at least a little bit - sounds like time to treat yourself! And maybe time for a couple more Margaritas?
Revolution, I laughed out loud at the description of how you feed your cats. I must put my mind to doing a UK version of it (I've never seen Oprah though of course I know who she is).
Fireplaces, I hope things are looking a bit more positive for your daughter. It's so hard seeing our kids go through this sort of thing and not being able to help all that much. When my son was being bullied, I also found that it awoke old memories of being bullied for me and I had to think very clearly to stop confusing the two situations in my mind. I know in the end, I was able to help him by just being there and listening, listening, listening - never telling him that everything was ok, because it wasn't, and just fully validating the way he was feeling. He is better now and the bullying has completely stopped though it is amazing how fast it can start again - one little step out of place and he tells me he gets abusive messages on Facebook. I feel so sorry for teenagers in so many ways, it is so tough for them.
Ice, another day, another landmark in the "giving up smoking" campaign. Good luck and keep going, is all I can say.
Hi to Insomnia Sucks, Boomer, Willie, Zander, Audrey, Roses, Popster and last, but never least, Linville. And of course anyone my aged brain has forgotten today. Have a good day free of pain and anxiety.
Harley, I'm sorry to hear about your ski-ing trip. How disappointing it got cancelled when you had it all planned as happening in your mind. I guess it is understandable for the others to cancel if they couldn't afford the extra money it was going to cost them to go, but I would always want to try my hardest not to let someone else down. Anyway, I do hope you can come up with something else to do that will give you some pleasure and perhaps stop you feeling let down, at least a little bit - sounds like time to treat yourself! And maybe time for a couple more Margaritas?
Revolution, I laughed out loud at the description of how you feed your cats. I must put my mind to doing a UK version of it (I've never seen Oprah though of course I know who she is).
Fireplaces, I hope things are looking a bit more positive for your daughter. It's so hard seeing our kids go through this sort of thing and not being able to help all that much. When my son was being bullied, I also found that it awoke old memories of being bullied for me and I had to think very clearly to stop confusing the two situations in my mind. I know in the end, I was able to help him by just being there and listening, listening, listening - never telling him that everything was ok, because it wasn't, and just fully validating the way he was feeling. He is better now and the bullying has completely stopped though it is amazing how fast it can start again - one little step out of place and he tells me he gets abusive messages on Facebook. I feel so sorry for teenagers in so many ways, it is so tough for them.
Ice, another day, another landmark in the "giving up smoking" campaign. Good luck and keep going, is all I can say.
Hi to Insomnia Sucks, Boomer, Willie, Zander, Audrey, Roses, Popster and last, but never least, Linville. And of course anyone my aged brain has forgotten today. Have a good day free of pain and anxiety.

