01-25-2016, 07:26 AM
Monday morning comes around so inexorably and this one is also a very sad one for me, as one of my cats just dropped dead, out of the blue, yesterday. He was my older son's cat, really; he lived in my son's bedroom most of the time. He was only 10.  My son, who is only 17, is devastated. I haven't heard him sob like that since he was a very little boy. It really broke my heart. I hate it when my animals die, hate it. I always feel I have failed them, even when I have often done my very best to keep them fit and healthy.  So I am very low today.
Thank you Fireplaces, for enjoying my posts - that is great, it gave me a smile this morning despite everything.
Good morning to y'all/you guys - Fireplaces, we say you guys here too, but then a lot of our vocabulary does seem to come from the States. My sons watch so much US product in terms of films that they say "pissed" or "mad" instead of "angry" (pissed in the UK is actually slang for drunk) for example. I am always correcting them, but it is like trying to hold back the sea and in a way,  I really like it when languages combine like this. Languages are living things, after all.
So when y'all wake up, here's a hello to Ice, Fireplaces, Roses - hopefully busy changing nappies - Charon, Harley, Willie, Audrey, Linville, and anyone I have forgotten to name today. Brain is a bit of a mess right now.
Thank you Fireplaces, for enjoying my posts - that is great, it gave me a smile this morning despite everything.
Good morning to y'all/you guys - Fireplaces, we say you guys here too, but then a lot of our vocabulary does seem to come from the States. My sons watch so much US product in terms of films that they say "pissed" or "mad" instead of "angry" (pissed in the UK is actually slang for drunk) for example. I am always correcting them, but it is like trying to hold back the sea and in a way,  I really like it when languages combine like this. Languages are living things, after all.
So when y'all wake up, here's a hello to Ice, Fireplaces, Roses - hopefully busy changing nappies - Charon, Harley, Willie, Audrey, Linville, and anyone I have forgotten to name today. Brain is a bit of a mess right now.

