12-17-2015, 01:39 AM
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2015, 01:42 AM by Linville.
Edit Reason: Fire & I had talked of this Goal.
)
(12-16-2015, 07:22 PM)Rose5555 Wrote: Good evening to the good morning thread posters!  I have had a hectic week with a couple of visits to my GP and the hospital and a few domestic mini-dramas and disasters thrown in for good measure, so I am three days late in saying a big thanks to Linville, Ice and Charon for the answer to my question "why is it called Cafe Linville?"  I guess a rose by any other name would smell as sweet (and I, of all people, really should know!) but I love both the title and the reality of this thread and now I have my explanation too.
Linville, as you are such a famous dude as to give your name to a whole internet cafe, can I please get your autograph?!
I wanted to say a quick word to Roses; I really hear your pain about your empty nest - I'm already dreading it and my boys are still only 17 and 14, though they have naturally started to detach a bit from me in preparation for the day they leave, and even that is painful.  Feelings are what they are, neither selfish, nor right, nor wrong. We feel them strongly without any regard to whether they are ones we consider acceptable or ones we consider selfish or undesirable. The main problem is that when we see them as unacceptable, and ourselves as somehow a problem for having them in the first place, we make a huge rod for our own backs but it never makes the feelings go away - it just makes us unhappy about having the feelings as well as unhappy because the feelings are so difficult.  So please don't feel bad for feeling such a natural emotion.  It is always a mixed pleasure, a slightly mixed pleasure, when our children soar away from us - so much pride, but also the slightest pang, a sense of time running out. My thoughts go out to you and also a big virtual hug is coming your way. You sound like a wonderful mum - and you have the best reason for having run out of money for presents this year, which I think everyone will understand. Â
Hi to my other friends, I hope to be less tardy with my next post!
Hi Rose5555, Good evening! ;=)
Hope your week settles down for you.......and yet you still have a sense of humor. I am glad you are here. ( asking me for auto...)
I'm humbled by the kindness, helping attitude and community feel of this Forum's members. ( Be proud Charon hard work pays off )
Also honored that others felt my contributions and recognized my effort, working towards these same things, I feel, to bestow the un-official name of Cafe' Linville on the "Good Morning" threadÂ
Very kind and thoughtful words to Rose & , hopefully warms the heart.

