Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customs Question
First time overseas order here. The tn says it made it to ISC. Now says sent for verification. Is this normal. If this is a no no thread plz delete I did not see it illegal in the rules.
Ty!!
ISC... International Sorting Center...

As far as "Sent for Verification" I don't believe they've ever sent one of my letters there...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
@JohnKing
You will know your letter is safe and in the regular mailstream when it has a scan at a post office either same city as ISC or nearby. Most importantly, it will have a zip code next to it. When I see the scan with the zip code, I breathe better.

I must admit "sent for verification" is concerning and unusual. Usually if you get an LL, it just sits at ISC. So, please keep us updated as I'm curious about this one. I know the postal service did a system update this past weekend. They were fully down on Sunday. So maybe that's one of the new scans. Your insight may be very valuable.

Good Luck Smile
Well I think good news!! Now it says "Item Bagged" usps. I think this is good and helps others after the update. No zip code though.
I should add the timeline:
1709- arrive @ isc
1720- exchange office (verification)
1:49- item bagged usps
Will do! I know they are slow (remember Newman the mail man). If I send a letter in my town to a town 5 miles away, it travels 100 miles to another state to get sorted before it makes its way back to go 5 miles away from me. Makes sense, right?
Anyways will update accordingly.
That does indeed sound very promising John... I also remember "Newman"... I think he musta worked for the p.o. in the town I lived in in Texas... I mailed a letter on a Monday, just to go across town... It went to Houston(80 miles away) then back to my town to go across town!? Took 4 days.. Really? Effeciency at it best I suppose....

Anywhoo... Good luck with your letter...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
"Item Bagged" sounds promising.  Hopefully you'll see a zip code soon.

I signed up for the MyUSPS tracking notifications via email and text message last week after reading about it here, and man, have I learned a lot about mail routing as a result.  My wife is an Amazon addict, so we have 2-3 packages from them every week, plus the stuff she orders from eBay and Etsy, and every single one of them is picked up at it's shipping point by a "USPS Partner", but gets a USPS priority mail tracking number immediately.  Those items are typically delivered in two days at the most, even from 8 states away, and they don't enter a USPS facility until they get to our local delivery hub.  I knew already that USPS has a ton of contracts with private carriers / couriers, but I didn't know the extent to which they've integrated their tracking with those "Partners".

I also didn't know the extent of my wife's online shopping until now - Every package with a tracking number that is headed for delivery to my address registers in MyUSPS, regardless of who the recipient is - My jaw dropped when I saw all of the domestic 2-day priority mail items on the way here.  Damn you, Amazon Prime, damn you to hell!
John King I hope the best for you, I relly do but sent for verification I have not seen that before. It would scare me. But all the other sounds promising. If USPS has it then maybe this is good news!
USPS Publication 97 Appendix I, which list all of the tracking system event codes, has no entry for "Sent for verification". I can PM you a link to the publication if you like.

Best,

- b2g
Well item was delivered today. That was super fast, 8 states away in a day or 2. Yippy!!