Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Supplement to fight Covid-19 and other viruses
Hey all,

A chemical in broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables inhibits Covid-19 and other respiratory viruses.  Sulforaphane can be purchased as a supplement.....or you can eat lots and lots of broccoli.   

Check this out:   

https://www.news-medical.net/news/202203...CoV-2.aspx

Hope everyone stays healthy this winter.
Thank you. for the supplement as well. i don't really eat food much.

i owe you several ratings cuz the ability to rate is not working at the moment.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

I love broccoli! but i wonder how much would be needed..
In case someone says Vitamin D

I hear Vitamin D3 - but stick with the 400 IU and only max 2 times per week - Most D vitamins are way too strong and can lead to many problems
Even the MDs are Rx too strong a dose in D2 - D2 is the Rx and D3 is OTC -- but D3 has been shown to work better
That's the latest article from NCBI
(11-15-2023, 12:15 AM)whatapain Wrote: In case someone says Vitamin D

I hear Vitamin D3 - but stick with the 400 IU and only max 2 times per week - Most D vitamins are way too strong and can lead to many problems
Even the MDs are Rx too strong a dose in D2  - D2 is the Rx and D3 is OTC -- but D3 has been shown to work better
That's the latest article from NCBI

Regarding vitamin D, 400 IU is too low for most people. I take 5000 IU daily.  I had my blood level of vitamin checked and taking
2500 IU was too low, although it was in the normal range, on the very low end.  I have been taking 5000 IU for a number of years now and my latest blood test revealed it was  in the normal range, on the higher end.....so I stick with 5000 IU. When my Mom was alive (she died at 100 y/o several years ago), her MD upped her dose to 5000 IU as well.  She had been taking 1000 IU and it was way too low.