Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Irish Exit
ICE! Is that story REALLY true!?!  Dodgy Angel Wink

TrayGold: My motto is similar to yours, with just a small difference. 

My motto is to not show up at all.  Rolleyes
Lol
Yes Ma'am .. It's what I did...

Shucks, that musta been in the early 90's

Ice

(07-23-2023, 03:18 AM)NovemberRain Wrote: ICE! Is that story REALLY true!?!  Dodgy Angel Wink

TrayGold: My motto is similar to yours, with just a small difference. 

My motto is to not show up at all.  Rolleyes
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
I Love this thread, because I am usually the first to wanna leave a party and if I’m the host, I start basically cleaning up and putting the dishwasher on. If I had children, I would be the one to wake my kids up so they would start a ruckus to force people to leave.
This post certainly made my day...i cannot believe u would start cleaning and the dishwasher, but we would do those things together. Just family. and many a kid. Very impressive.

I like your style.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(07-23-2023, 08:52 PM)happyvibe Wrote: I Love this thread, because I am usually the first to wanna leave a party and if I’m the host, I start basically cleaning up and putting the dishwasher on.  If I had children, I would be the one to wake my kids up so they would start a ruckus to force people to leave.

happyvibe, 

There’s a skit on The Carol Burnett Show where she plays a tired wife whose husband (Harvey Korman) wants a promotion so has the boss and his wife over. Tim Conway plays the boss and Vikki Lawrence plays his wife. 

The boss drones on and on and on and Carol is getting more and more exhausted. She finally leaves the room and comes back in wearing her pajamas. She then unfolds the living room sofa-bed, gets in it, and turns the lights off. 

Big Grin

I always think of that skit when people won’t leave even after it’s been hours and hours! 

It’s at about the 28:15 mark: