Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
scam that i was sent two days in a row
Site logo image Scamicide
Scam of the day – July 17, 2023 – Mavis is Back! The Lottery Scam Using Her Name Continues

Steven Weisman, Esq.

Jul 16

With both the Megabucks and Powerball lotteries recently at tremendous payout amounts it is not surprising that scams using the name of lottery winner Mavis Wanczyk are back although the truth is scams using her name have never gone away in the six years since she won a 758 million dollar Powerball drawing in 2017. Here is a copy of an email that I received recently and, I should add, not from an email address of Mavis Wanczyk.

I'm Mrs. Mavis Wanczyk, the winner of Mega Millions Jackpot, I am donating to 5 random individuals if you have received this email then your email was selected after a spin ball THIS IS YOUR DONATION CODE: RFCJ-13709/2023 Reply with the DONATION CODE to this email: maviswanczyk.0875@gmail.com Regards, Mrs. Mavis L. Wanczyk

TIPS

It is difficult to win a lottery you have entered. It is impossible to win one that you have never entered and neither lottery winners, nor anyone else is sending out messages through the Internet offering free money to anyone who responds with personal information. Never give out personal information that can make you vulnerable to identity theft unless you have absolutely verified that the party requesting the personal information is legitimate and has a legitimate need for the information. Also never pay anything to a lottery claiming you owe fees in order to claim your prize. This is a telltale sign of a scam. No legitimate lottery requires the payment of a fee to collect your winnings or requires you to pay the lottery income taxes on the prize. While income taxes are due on lottery winnings, those taxes are either deducted by the lottery sponsor before giving you your prize or the prize is given to you in full and you are responsible for the payment of any taxes. No lottery collects taxes on behalf of the IRS.

Finally and most importantly, remember neither Mavis Wanczyk nor any other lottery winner is giving away money to strangers.

If you are not a subscriber to Scamicide.com and would like to receive free daily emails with the Scam of the day, all you need to do is to go to the bottom of the initial page of http://www.scamicide.com and insert your email address where it indicates "Sign up for this blog."

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Scamicide.
Change your email settings at manage subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
https://scamicide.com/2023/07/16/scam-of...continues/
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel