Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hi, 

I’m writing to introduce myself, and apologize for not doing so first!  I was an avid DB site member back in the day 20-odd years ago. I mistakenly assumed this site was a replacement.  It looks very similar.  Again, I apologize.  I recently moved from the westcoast to the east coast (Miss those beautiful sunsets), and things have been so hectic.  The doctor I saw in CA has been doing telehealth since COVID, even after I moved. At our last virtual appointment, he suddenly told me that the government changed the rules about Rxing controlled substances across state lines.  He’d been my doc for years, and him monthly online because never gave refills…. Which I didn’t really mind until he told me he could no longer Rx 3 days before running out of all of my meds.  Definitely put me in a bind.  It’s impossible to get an appointment so quickly with that type of provider and one compassionate enough to go through my records and see what I’ve tried, what has worked, etc.  So I came here out of desperation.  

As for myself, I’m a momma of three autistic children: a preteen and two teens.  The whole teen angst is in full swing.  My oldest is turning 16 in a couple of months and recently got her learner’s permit.  Good luck to you all on the road.  Ha!  

I’m interested in getting to know you all here!  So many things have changed in this world; I know I have a lot to 

Cheers, Eliss
Thank you for making an intro ...
It does sound like you have a very full plate ..

We treat folks here like our extended family,
we talk in a code (so to speak) helps keep "spy bots"
at harder time indexing our convo's ...

Hopefully, you can get some much needed help here.
our members are quite knowledgeable ...

We only allow 5 posts in any given 24 hr period
the forum clock is in the bottom right hand corner

Welcome to our wee family

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Welcome. May u find all u need.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Best of luck to you and yours Eliss,,, You make my senior bachelors life look like golden dream..
skink, not sure if you mean you’re a senior in a bachelor’s degree program, or a bachelor without kids. Either way, there are DEFINITELY times during these days I’d envy you! One of my ADHD/autistic boys also seems to have oppositional defiant disorder. We went out to eat at a local pizzeria last night, and they gave the “kids” colored balls of pizza dough to play with. God knows how long it’s been sitting out. It’s probably too old to cook with, so they color it and make play dough with it. You wouldn’t THINK you’d have to tell your 13 year old son NOT TO EAT IT, especially when the mozzarella sticks he asked for were coming to the table in a couple of minutes. But, alas, he took a huge bite out of the gross dough, and said “I’m STARVING!” Yuck. He did the same with DOGFOOD at my mother’s house, saying it was better than the food she cooked. ? My other two aren’t like this at all.

I blinked, and even though I still feel 25, my mirror reminds me that I’m 40 with a kid starting to get solicitations for college herself.
Hello again MrMaddox

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Yeah I was also at DB, the original from its inception. I was not Melody. But Alex Marlin had such rules. One could not visit another forum without being tossed out of DB.

So of course i just happened to peak at another place. And Alex showed up. I think it was Bug Dryers. And the awful Evil Tester was running it. I had no idea how evil he was until i was running another forum and my Mod said: I am divorcing. I shall send a nice guy to help you. It was evil tester. Yikes.

Glad u found us. Have a glorious night.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

@ M Maddox,,, Yes kids are grown and thankfully my X left me for a new old man,,, at Christmas I sent the new boyfriend a dog collar and wrote in the card Here is your booby prize your going to need it!!!

I hope a bird does not relieve them self on your sons sleeve as I remember one did on mine at about six,,, it was warm and a good thing Mom was there!!!