Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
just omg
garter snakes aka garden snakes.

of course u dont wanna know. alleged to be non poisonous. will bite humans and others if put in fear.

What does it mean when you see a garter snake?
In some tribes, garter snakes (also known as garden snakes) are symbols of jealousy or dishonesty; to other tribes, they are a symbol of water. In the traditions of the Arapaho Indians, garter snakes are associated with the Sun Dance and are represented in the hoop of the tribe's sacred Medicine Wheel.

and it means OMG there is a foot long garter snake in this basement. Just one so far.

We have so many differing animals and critters and horrifying things come on thru here.

Can snakes enter a house through the toilet?
Few things may instill fear like the idea of a snake coming through your toilet can. Is it an urban legend, a joke, or a valid concern? According to experts, unfortunately, it can happen. Not only can snakes come up through the toilet, but other critters like rats, squirrels, and tree frogs can too.Jan 10, 2022

Gag me with a spoon.

They are named after the socks men wore with straps. olden days.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Sad 
Charon!!!
omg is the perfect title!!!   Sad
I sleep with the tv on at night but NOW
it's going to be bathroom light ON !!!!
LOL!!!!
Slick
Why did I watch this right before bed ?.. interesting… we hate snakes in Aussie. Actually I think everyone does haha but country folks do get them in the house in summer if you don’t keep doors closed and house in snake defence order.. (you can put nets around the house foundations and guarden and some people on farms have Ginnie fowl flocks that walk around like a little flock of security birds. They scream and make noise when they find a snake and alert you to the snake.) A few years back a neighbour was screaming and the snake was half way in the kitchen window and she had slammed it shut and it was stuck.. aughhhhh still flapping around. Deadly one too. awful out west in the country but suburbia and city is fine.
They do go looking for water!! I can confirm so I have heard about snakes ending up behind toilets or also one even in the flushing water at the back/top end of the toilet. But this is in the outback. City folks don’t have to worry.

Good share. Haha sweet dreams now off to bed ? im glad it’s winter hear.
I have heard terrible stories of the Aussie "Brown Snake"
It makes ours look kinda tame..
I think I've read every library book and school book
on the snakes we have around my neck of the woods...

I kept several in aquariums in my backyard growning
up... I was never afraid of them, I knew which ones
were deadly ... Handled them with more care...
I once caught a coral snake 2 inches short of the
state record... Decided to feed him and maybe get that record..

My uncle saw him, and with a garden hoe, killed ALL 8 of
my other pets ... I gave that hobby up Smile

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Absolutely, regarding Charon's comments. I came from the city and moved to this area 17 years ago in CA. I see coyotes passing daily or sometimes Bobcats, raccoons, hawks, owls, and squirrels, and I'm still talking INSIDE my house. OK, so what's a little embellishment? I do have the stated animals though plus more and the rats are out of control. Before I moved here I thought they all lived in DC. We've had mountain lions(twice in two years) and bears. Back to Charon. As for snakes, that too are here.  I stopped at a sidewalk and patiently waited for a snake to slowly slither along. I didn't fear it since I think it was a garter snake. But a neighbor just told me he was bitten by a Rattler. After going back inside to change my underwear I went to Home Depot to buy a deterrent for snakes. I've seen black widows come up through the shower drain and other spiders without an invitation which is rude. I've also seen floating bugs and spiders in the toilet. My final Baptism by Fire came when I put my foot in my shoe and what felt like a ball of socks turned out to be a very pissed-off lizard. One other time I'd pick up a pile of mags and there was a huge lizard under there too. Then I got a cat and I'm not a cat lover, no offense. But Charon,s post has reignited my "toilet concern" and although I check before anyway, now I'll submerge my head in it first. One neighbor was chased in her unit by a deadly scorpion. CHASED!
I think we are gonna invest in some Guineafowl ...
My G-Grandmother had them back in the day and
NOTHING moved in her yard without them having a say...

They eat ticks, spiders, ants and other pest bugs...
And like Connie said, a Great snake deterrent ...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
I recently was so blest to be able to go for a drive with a friend to go pick some Guinefowel. We drove an hour. (That’s a short drive hear) we picked up a little shoebox full of babies she had bought on eBay. Haha the chirped the whole way home and then we had fun nursing the little dears. So cute and fluffy when they are little.
I’m back in the city now but I miss the country. Not as much anxiety out there.
Except the snakes haha
I feel for Stan checking toilets haha. When I read that. Yup I know what that’s like.

By the way the thought of having bob cats and wild cats around is crazy to me. Do they ever attack? I would be worried for my dogs and small animals.
I'm in a city but get a surprising amount of wildlife. Despite being no where near the sea or any large lake I have seagulls the whole time and those are big birds. When they walk over my roof I know all about it. There are falcons and kestrels. There is a railway(railroad) nearby that is like a corridor for wildlife. All sorts of creatures, especially small mammals walk along there. I had to help a hedgehog turn around away from a busy street and go back to the railway. (I know they aren't native to the USA, but think Sonic or google one.) Their protection mechanism is to roll up in a ball with their spikes sticking out everywhere. Sadly this isn't very effective against traffic on busy streets, so I was quite glad to save that one from being splatted on the street. Smile

Luckily my new neighbours have cats that seem to be dealing with the rat/mouse problem - fingers crossed.

I can't even think about things coming up the toilet - that's my nightmare for tonight! Wink
I saw this this morning ...As fast as this car
moves through the intersection, reminds me of a rocket...

*** GRAPHIC CONTENT ***

Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit