Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Benzodiazepines and their Differences
I guess we are all different, but I've been prescribed alprazolam since 2009. Of course, after my low dosage prescription, I needed more to get the desired effect. One thing is, I don't have a great doctor. He just gives me my script after all this time with no care for me as his patient.

I've tried Kpins, and I believe they actually work better and longer for me than alp. I just don't know how to go about getting its switched after all these years, where I live anyway.
My opinion

Xan*x- B+ The best for reducing anxiety but can be quite addicting and doesn't last long. Is quite intense so its easy to over do it

Vali*m- D+ I dont know if its just the way I'm wired but it hardly does anything for me and does not really reduce my anxiety

Ativ*n - B+ Similar to alps but I don't think its as quite intense and harsh. Again it doesn't last long though

Clonazep*m - A+ Great for eliminating anxiety, lasts long and doesn't seem to intense

Temazep*m - C Works ok but far too expensive everywhere.

Bromazep*m - C+ Does not reduce acute anxiety it seems to work for more generalized conditions. Shorter acting as well

Oxazep*m - B- Does the job but it makes me quite tired compared to the others

Nitrazep*m - B+ Underrated one. Does not help for sleep but works really well at anxiety and also seems to brighten my mood

That's all the ones I have experience with.

Hey bry686
I have always thought that everyone reacts different to each benzo but your explanation of each matches my experiences with all.
The diazep#m - I feel exactly the same way i was so disappointed when i first tried it as it did nothing. Then i was given temazep#m and my anxiety was completely fixed.
Anyway after 3 years of experience with all above benzos i now take nitrazep#m as my benzo of choice..
(01-07-2018, 12:14 AM)Lizzy4eva Wrote: Hey bry686
I have always thought that everyone reacts different to each benzo but your explanation of each matches my experiences with all.
The diazep#m -  I feel exactly the same way i was so disappointed when i first tried it as it did nothing. Then i was given temazep#m and my anxiety was completely fixed.
Anyway after 3 years of experience with all above benzos i now take nitrazep#m as my benzo of choice..

Funny your one of the only other people who have the same experience with dia. It just doesn't affect me. I also like nitraz but not for sleep. Actually I never use benzos for sleep anymore. Clon*z is definitely my go to

(08-26-2015, 12:40 AM)Rumor Wrote:
(08-25-2015, 05:00 PM)Breacher Wrote: Hi Kitty,

It's a pleasure to meet you. I take Alprazolam only occasionally if I'm having difficulty sleeping or when travelling by plane and need to sleep. For this purpose and only occasionally I find it works quite well and it's also good for reducing anxiety in certain social or public environments which I wouldn't otherwise feel comfortable in. Having had access to a number of other benzo's in the past, I've tried quite a few just to compare and satisfy my curiosity.

Valium I found to be great for both reducing anxiety and muscle relaxation if you're having muscle spasms or something like restless leg syndrome. Valium is not as sleep inducing for me as Alpraz but what I don't like about Valium is how it stays in your system for longer (which could be a benefit for some) and I find myself feeling a little down and groggy when it wears off or the following day.

Temazepam I tried maybe twice as a sleep aid and felt quite shitty and with a mild headache the following day but I slept like a log.

Clonazepam in sublinguel tablets I thought would be quite a good one for people who need to prevent anxiety throughout the day whilst still allowing fairly normal functionality when working. It has a quick onset but a long half life and without really and groggy after effects.

Lorazepam also sublinguel tablets I believe are often prescribed for people who experience panic attacks as it's very fast acting. I found it quite good for muscle relaxation but even at a low dose of 2mg I noticed it effecting my motor skills and coordination more than any of the one's mentioned above.

Lormetazepam I tried when I was bedridden due to a back injury but I can't give a solid opinion on the effects as I'd also had some codeine at the time.

I hope some of you can find my experiences with the above listed benzo's helpful in some way but we must remember that we're all different and therefore so will be our experiences. I had no tolerance with any of the above benzo's before the experiences. With all that being said, I would definitely say that  my first preference would be the Alpraz as I prefer the shorter half life and it doesn't give me any real negative side effects.

Cheers,

@Kitty, I too am sorry for all the trauma you have gone through. A good trauma resolution therapist is not a bad idea, as you try out other benzos.

@Breacher, what brand of Valium have you found to be most helpful for muscle spasms and in what dosage? I probably have 10 different brands of diazepam and have tried 10 mg up to 40mg. and I can't get a handle on my back and neck spasms with anything other than soma.

Thank you for your help. R.
WOW! I absolutely loved your thorough description of each of theses meds which I would agree with your thoughts! Great review!

Just curious what has been the most euphoric b3nz0 for any one reading this? Just curious I really love the sense of well-being....
I have found diclazepam to have low rec value/potential for abuse and to be great for sleep to boot! Smile
So, just for fun,  I did a little exercise using the data at The-GABA(A)-Receptor-Complex-and-Benzodiazepines
It's textbook data, not real life - and it's a wretchedly simply formula. But hey, it was just for fun.

I grouped together the high and moderate a2 subtypes and called it the 'Anti-anxiety' group. (Because anxiety is a special interest of mine).
From that list I subtracted High y2 subtype to filter out the physical dependence and respiratory depression characteristics. (I don't want addiction, I do want breathing)
From a large group of starters, I got left with only 3 meds offering a good anti-anxiety profile and the least likelihood of physical dependency.
They were Brom@z, Di@z, and Ox@z.   I was surprised by that.
Brom and Ox@z don't generate anywhere near the same amount of interest as their oh-so-popular cousins.
I'm left wondering why that is?

I've only had limited personal experience with Brom and Ox.
It was around the time the pyramids were being built, as I remember Big Grin 
I don't recall anything about them in particular.
I'd be interested to hear from those with more recent real-life experience (from a therapeutic perspective, not just simple rec talk)
Maybe Brom & Ox@z are not popular for a reason....

Thanks.