Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Benzodiazepines and their Differences
My opinion

Xan*x- B+ The best for reducing anxiety but can be quite addicting and doesn't last long. Is quite intense so its easy to over do it

Vali*m- D+ I dont know if its just the way I'm wired but it hardly does anything for me and does not really reduce my anxiety

Ativ*n - B+ Similar to alps but I don't think its as quite intense and harsh. Again it doesn't last long though

Clonazep*m - A+ Great for eliminating anxiety, lasts long and doesn't seem to intense

Temazep*m - C Works ok but far too expensive everywhere.

Bromazep*m - C+ Does not reduce acute anxiety it seems to work for more generalized conditions. Shorter acting as well

Oxazep*m - B- Does the job but it makes me quite tired compared to the others

Nitrazep*m - B+ Underrated one. Does not help for sleep but works really well at anxiety and also seems to brighten my mood

That's all the ones I have experience with.

Hey bry686
I have always thought that everyone reacts different to each benzo but your explanation of each matches my experiences with all.
The diazep#m - I feel exactly the same way i was so disappointed when i first tried it as it did nothing. Then i was given temazep#m and my anxiety was completely fixed.
Anyway after 3 years of experience with all above benzos i now take nitrazep#m as my benzo of choice..
(01-07-2018, 12:14 AM)Lizzy4eva Wrote: Hey bry686
I have always thought that everyone reacts different to each benzo but your explanation of each matches my experiences with all.
The diazep#m -  I feel exactly the same way i was so disappointed when i first tried it as it did nothing. Then i was given temazep#m and my anxiety was completely fixed.
Anyway after 3 years of experience with all above benzos i now take nitrazep#m as my benzo of choice..

Funny your one of the only other people who have the same experience with dia. It just doesn't affect me. I also like nitraz but not for sleep. Actually I never use benzos for sleep anymore. Clon*z is definitely my go to

I have found diclazepam to have low rec value/potential for abuse and to be great for sleep to boot! Smile
So, just for fun,  I did a little exercise using the data at The-GABA(A)-Receptor-Complex-and-Benzodiazepines
It's textbook data, not real life - and it's a wretchedly simply formula. But hey, it was just for fun.

I grouped together the high and moderate a2 subtypes and called it the 'Anti-anxiety' group. (Because anxiety is a special interest of mine).
From that list I subtracted High y2 subtype to filter out the physical dependence and respiratory depression characteristics. (I don't want addiction, I do want breathing)
From a large group of starters, I got left with only 3 meds offering a good anti-anxiety profile and the least likelihood of physical dependency.
They were Brom@z, Di@z, and Ox@z.   I was surprised by that.
Brom and Ox@z don't generate anywhere near the same amount of interest as their oh-so-popular cousins.
I'm left wondering why that is?

I've only had limited personal experience with Brom and Ox.
It was around the time the pyramids were being built, as I remember Big Grin 
I don't recall anything about them in particular.
I'd be interested to hear from those with more recent real-life experience (from a therapeutic perspective, not just simple rec talk)
Maybe Brom & Ox@z are not popular for a reason....

Thanks.
There's a difference between having an opinion and having an informed opinion.
Oh boy, may I give some advice to you.

just contribute some to the forum in ways not breaking or nearly breaking rules or keeping on with this.

Soon you can PM and have someone to talk with as you say. why mess that up doing this.

This path will lead to a muddy place.

good luck joker

If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
we were a private forum when we began. we had no real rules. thank u for bringing that to my attention. but its like two and a half yrs old?
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
I think it’s best not to talk about dosages taken. They may be therapeutic or may be recreational; everyone’s views on dosing aren’t the same. There’s also no legit reason for a person to say they took x mg of whatever. A simple “the med is weak” or “the med is potent” is enough to get the message across.
yes. inappropriate unless one is trying to titrate? a dosage to come off another medicine.

and, some people say they bought quite a few at once. that is probably best kept quiet as well.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
lorazepam has worked the best for myself.  I am not really a huge benzo fan so I was iffy when giving it a shot, but I highly recommend it now for anxiety Smile.
"You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” - Dr. MLK Jr.