Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Benzodiazepines and their Differences
Hi everyone,

Please feel free to post your experiences, preferences, or information about Benzodiazepines here.

I have only taken alprazolam, so I can only speak about my experience with that.  It has really helped me with my anxiety stemming from a stalker and being a single mom. That experience lasted a few years, and he did end up in jail, but the anxiety never disappeared. Probably been ten years now. The alprazolam usually lasts about 4 hours for me.
hi there,
i have had a experience with Benzodiazepines i think in the 80s
and 90s they where a more drowsy feeling off them like in the the
early 90s i got 40mg of Valium each day at pharmacy and you would always
Feel them calming you i am on 4 2mg clomazepam now and i dont feel
sedated on them temazepam where very much the most abused by early
90s you took 4 and your memory of that night had gone most people from my area
of UK injected them, a lot of people lost limbs as they changed the liquid to a gel
and people started heating the gel most of the time this was fine but the temperture
if it cooled caused problems the resetting temperature was simalar to your bloods
temperature so thats how people lost limbs xanax isnt common in the uk as 0.5mg
is the highest dose and they are mostly prescribed off psychiatrist so overall GPs
are advised not to prescribe any benzo for more than 4 weeks ativan wyeth and
upjohn 17(halcion) were favorites of benzo users but we don't get wyeth anymore
and halcion or upjohns as they where known in UK where discontinued here 15
years ago just thought i would share my experience with people how it was in
Glasgow Uk my opinion is they are not strong as they once where.
(08-25-2015, 03:57 AM)Kittycat Wrote: Hi everyone,

Please feel free to post your experiences, preferences, or information about Benzodiazepines here.

I have only taken alprazolam, so I can only speak about my experience with that.  It has really helped me with my anxiety stemming from a stalker and being a single mom. That experience lasted a few years, and he did end up in jail, but the anxiety never disappeared. Probably been ten years now. The alprazolam usually lasts about 4 hours for me.
Oh my gosh.. Kitty..that must have been horrible!  I can see how that could bring a traumatic effect on someone. You see something like that in the movies...  but lasting a few years? My heart goes out to you...   I am sorry that happened.
thanks, Mr. Kona.  It feels like a lifetime ago. The laws were not very defined for stalking and harrassment back then in my opinion, but after getting a restraining order, it kind of escalated and my daughter was very young. Within a few months of that, He tried to run me over at a traffic light on a busy street, and that finally sealed a stronger jail sentence. After that, he must've decided it wasn't worth it.

Wow, like almost 15 years ago. 

I don't think about it much, but that was definitely an anxiety turning point, from happy go lucky, to a little bit of a worry wart.

It's ok, it's the hard times that define who we really are, and reminds us to cherish the good times while we have them. Sorry to get all deep in this post. 
So 1-10,  I'd rate alprazolam an 8 on reducing my anxiety. Not bad for many years use.
poor kittycat. the laws were very different. and, in many a small town, women are stalked to their deaths.

Praise God you survived and the scum is behind bars.

I had several stalkers when younger. I was in a very high scale town and the Police, seeing that TONY ROCK, had broken my bedroom window to get in (not believing my dogs whom i attack trained really would kill,) and leaving blood behind right straight to his house down the block, made sure that Postal Worker never went near me nor threatened to set my house on fire again. It was god awful how he would call and describe how he would slit my throat. and, those of my family members.

It is a terrifying experience. Forever. To this day, I always carry weaponry, even when i sleep, and when i walk, i do three steps and a quick turn around, then proceed. (And, it was not just in the Bronx where we worked that I did that. i do that walk today. Never again.)

I am so sorry u went thru that. Yeah, yeah, off topic, but, my God, girlfriend, u have been thru hell on this earth. And, u have an awesome attitude.

God really has his hand on u and ur family.

Carry on. Girl Talk.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
Hi Kitty,

It's a pleasure to meet you. I take Alprazolam only occasionally if I'm having difficulty sleeping or when travelling by plane and need to sleep. For this purpose and only occasionally I find it works quite well and it's also good for reducing anxiety in certain social or public environments which I wouldn't otherwise feel comfortable in. Having had access to a number of other benzo's in the past, I've tried quite a few just to compare and satisfy my curiosity.

Valium I found to be great for both reducing anxiety and muscle relaxation if you're having muscle spasms or something like restless leg syndrome. Valium is not as sleep inducing for me as Alpraz but what I don't like about Valium is how it stays in your system for longer (which could be a benefit for some) and I find myself feeling a little down and groggy when it wears off or the following day.

Temazepam I tried maybe twice as a sleep aid and felt quite shitty and with a mild headache the following day but I slept like a log.

Clonazepam in sublinguel tablets I thought would be quite a good one for people who need to prevent anxiety throughout the day whilst still allowing fairly normal functionality when working. It has a quick onset but a long half life and without really and groggy after effects.

Lorazepam also sublinguel tablets I believe are often prescribed for people who experience panic attacks as it's very fast acting. I found it quite good for muscle relaxation but even at a low dose of 2mg I noticed it effecting my motor skills and coordination more than any of the one's mentioned above.

Lormetazepam I tried when I was bedridden due to a back injury but I can't give a solid opinion on the effects as I'd also had some codeine at the time.

I hope some of you can find my experiences with the above listed benzo's helpful in some way but we must remember that we're all different and therefore so will be our experiences. I had no tolerance with any of the above benzo's before the experiences. With all that being said, I would definitely say that my first preference would be the Alpraz as I prefer the shorter half life and it doesn't give me any real negative side effects.

Cheers,
Hi kittycat,
i am sorry how you ended up using Benzodiazepines
i hope you can get better in the future i should read
more about other peoples experiences before writing
my story hope you don't feel too down hope you get stronger
each week
Regards
Codename Linctus
My family, thanks for such caring, kind words, and support.  Blush

Oh @Charon, we have so much in common that I realize a more and more. So sorry you had to go through that. 

Codename, i would like to try diazepam one day in lieu on alprazolam.  4 hours just isn't quite long enough for me.
Hi Kittycat,
Maybe a change in Benzo would help like good
Diazepam or Clonazepam or even ativan but
it is a dangerous road you could end up used
to taking 2 benzos but you should go to counselling
sometimes a problem shared is a problem halved
All the Best for the future kitty
Codename Linctus
Ps Kitty you know you have lots of friends on here and some i can tell have knew you
a long time so try to be positive.
(08-25-2015, 07:04 PM)codename linctus Wrote: Hi Kittycat,
Maybe a change in Benzo would help like good
Diazepam or Clonazepam or even ativan but
it is a dangerous road you could end up used
to taking 2 benzos but you should go to counselling
sometimes a problem shared is a problem halved
All the Best for the future kitty
Codename Linctus
Ps Kitty you know you have lots of friends on here and some i can tell have knew you
a long time so try to be positive.

Thank you for the sage advice. For many years I slept with a metal pipe under my pillow, and one of those med alert necklaces around my neck. Once he was put away most of my anxiety attacks stopped. Now it is much much better than that. Just a pit in the stomache, so to speak. And the occassional racing mind or heart. But I'm stuck on the Alps for now, as I am in no mood to try to wean off with my 3 teenagers around. Soon enough.