Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tramadol hell
I have been on Tramadol up and down for more than 8 years because I started having headaches due to Mononucleosis... Back in 2011. Of course I do not still have it but that is where it started. My daily dose over the years has fluctuated from taking.
600mg twice a day to taking to 700mg once a day. 

I have never had a seizure and without this medicine cold turkey. My stomach goes to hell, I can't sleep for long due to electric surges rippling through my body and my body is sweating along with aches and pains. 

I know cold turkey wouldn't work and I have reduced myself down to 800mg a day. I want to get off it completely.
I am so sorry for you trouble with this medicine.

However, very few will see your posts unless you make a welcome thread. Just let people know you are new. I am sure many are in trouble with some tram places going down.

Good luck and God bless.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Lower your intake every week a little bit, exa;mple: 25mg every week of tramadol.

Thats how i got rid off a opiod addiction.
Tram hits a lot of different neuroreceptors, and is a functional antidepressant as well as painkiller. If I were coming off tramadol I would do it slowly. If I encountered depression I would consult a doctor about substituting in venlafaxine (which is the antidepressant part of tramadol but without the opiate, so may help with the brain zaps etc). Although note that venlafaxine can be habit forming so trying the smallest dose you can manage - your doctor will also need to be careful with the doses to avoid serotonin syndrome.

Without the help of a doctor I'd go slow and steady to taper it down. You are using high doses at the moment, which can be dangerous in itself, so any reduction will be an improvement for your health.

Good luck!
In my opinion, Tram is a very effective antidepressant. I was taking Venlafaxine for years, but I wanted to go lay down after breakfast. I don't get that with Tram and I think it works much better than any antidepressant I have ever used. It's going to be rough, for many of us, once our current supply runs out since our main vendor seems to have bit the dust.
I’m so sorry you’re trying to get off tramadol as I have been there with the withdrawals. I myself used tramadol for 10 years due to back pain. When it was prescribed to me, I was told I couldn’t get addicted to it. Yeah right. I just quit cold turkey this past November as my vendor went down. I was only on 100mg - 150mg a day but it was horrible at first. The restless legs and the flu feelings were the worse. I did start using Kratom and it helped with the withdrawals and the anti depressant that is in tramadol and I did use that for a couple months. I just stopped using it a couple weeks ago but I may use it here or there in the future. I still have a little bit of restless legs some nights but melatonin has helped me just sleep and not get woken up by it. Good luck to you. I still would like to get back on tramadol as it did help me more than anything with both the back pain but I’m trying to just get through day by day and deal with the pain for now. The pain is what is making me think I may need to continue Kratom as none of the ocd meds help. I’ve tried Advil, Tylenol, Aleve and nothing takes that pain away. :/
(01-26-2021, 08:30 PM)cooper1 Wrote: Hi All, living with back pain is terrible to say the least.Dr prescribes 60 [email=ox@%$y]ox@%$y[/email] a month for back,but not much help. I did use kratom for awhile,it works, but I cant take swallowing bad tasting dirt all day!

Hi there! I mix Kratom with orange juice or I buy Kratom capsules. The capsules have no taste at all but they are pricier than just getting the powder. I hate the taste too so the capsules are perfect. Maybe try those?
(01-28-2021, 12:20 PM)cooper1 Wrote: Hi Irish,I did use the capsules for a while, but ran out too fast(being the glutten I am). I liked the way the powder worked faster,oh well ,got to take the good with the bad.my brother in law has been using 2 years straight and now his hair is falling out! I told him maybe because he is 65!!

Oh my! His hair is falling out?! I hope that is due to him being 65! Lol! I hear you on the Kratom capsules running out fast as I had to take like 6-8 at a time versus a teaspoon of powder with orange juice. I found a way to swallow it finally by using a shaker cup with this silver ball inside and just shaking the heck out of the orange juice and powder and holding my nose while I drink a bunch and then I follow that with a gulp of just orange juice. Lmao. Yeah that sounds so appealing doesn’t it?! Hahahahahaha. You would think someone would come up with cherry or grape flavored Kratom powder by now! I definitely don’t want to get into a habit of doing it every day so I guess it’s good that it’s so gross. Smile
(01-19-2021, 04:25 PM)cooper1 Wrote: Has anyone taken gabapentin,for an extended period of time? Dr put me on it a week ago for nerve pain and I see no difference as of yet.Let me know c

Yes, I was prescribed it for neural pain. If it isn't working then speak to your doctor, you might need a higher dose or to consider an alternative like pregabalin. Good luck as I know how miserable nerve pain can be.
(02-05-2021, 07:25 AM)tannhausergate Wrote: Tr@m is an interesting one. It can affect two people in totally different ways. Now it really is amazing for nerve pain. Beats the pants off of heavier drugs like V!coden or even stronger. For some people it is very difficult to stop it cold turkey. I guess I was lucky.  I had no problem with it. But go figure, I had a month of daily V!icoden use from a botched surgery and when I stopped it was a withdrawal nightmare. Now my partner when they had to stop Tr@m it was a nightmare for them. The only thing that fixed it was taking their normal dose and cutting it in half for a few days, cutting it in half from there for a few days, and finally
the extremely small dose for about a week. After that they were able to stop no problem.  I do think the drug gets a really bad wrap. I think the problem
was that it was too effective and cheap.  Fifteen years ago everyone prescribed it. It was ubiquitous. Now people in real pain have to beg for it. Sometimes
I just don't get this planet of ours.

That is the scary thing for me, unfortunately... for all the issues I have...it makes me feel like a brand new person ready to tackle any problem..and ever since childhood I never knew that I could feel like that because I struggled with depression since childhood and it's now topped off with 3 injuries (one nerve-related) and other 2 lower back. So it is like the holy grail when it comes to how many wonders it does for me. However, because it works so well...both pain-related and is also an anti-depressant I would categorize it as one of the most difficult things to get off of. You will be battling not only the pain threshold that rebounds but will also mentally feel extremely down while going through severe dehydration on top of every single withdrawal symptom any opioids have. This is the exact feeling I experienced over 4 different times when I tried to quit in case I did not have access in the future, even now I reduced intake but even then you feel it. Sigh Sad so In other words if you don't have extremely serious reasons to take it and you can mitigate the pain using something else and its bearable then I wouldn't want to wish this hell on anybody and caution you to stay away. My experience is not unique.
Smile  Smile  Angel  Big Grin Tongue NoOb Sig