Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to a detox/rehab for my first time, nervous.
Hey everyone, im currently waiting to be put into a rehab facility that costs 18k, but the place happens to be owned by a family friend so my dads doing his house in exchange for my stay. I don't know much about it, im detoxing off b3nz0 (20mg daily), m3thadon3 60 mg, and clonidine .2 mg. Does anyone know if in detox there are registered nurses to keep withdrawals at ease? And how long do they usually keep you in detox? Also concerned about sharing a room with other withdrawing peoples farts and stuff. Lol. Im excited for the post detox as I imagine there are classes to take and places outside to go.

But yeah, any feedback on peoples rehab journeys would be appreciated.
Nameless: Sorry no advice. But prayers going up for you and that you get through this well. Without fear or undue trauma. God be with you.

It is a wise thing to do especially in these days.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Hi Nameless

First congratulations on your courage and making the commitment to rehab and how wonderful that you have such great support from your Dad. You're very lucky.

I went to a 28 day rehab about 10 years ago for alcohol abuse but my "class" included those with drug and even gambling addictions. Luckily my employer's private insurance picked up most of the cost.

Every facility is going to be different of course but mine was a very supportive environment with 24/7 nurses and a doctor present every day. You'll likely have a counsellor that you'll talk to every day on how you're doing. The days were a mixture of education, experience sharing (support-group) and other activities including exercise, meditation/spiritual work, social times and "me-time". I met some great people across a wide range of backgrounds and ages. It is empowering to hear others' stories.

Don't worry too much about the room-mate thing. You are both there for a common goal and hopefully will get along well from the start; you're both individual human beings with "bodily functions" lol. That was the general experience in my stay but in a couple of cases, there were personality or emotional issues that made it impossible for the room-mates to get along and the counsellors made a switch.

Your detox will be science-based and designed to make things as smooth as possible. There will be some days that are tough but with your eyes on the prize you'll do fine.

Best to you and let us know how it goes. We care.
Hello Nameless.

I pray that this helps you and I truly believe it will.

Smile
(10-17-2020, 08:37 PM)Charon Wrote: Nameless: Sorry no advice. But prayers going up for you and that you get through this well. Without fear or undue trauma.  God be with you.

It is a wise thing to do especially in these days.

God bless you, Charon. Thank you for your support. 
And yeah, I figured now with covid happening and a second wave happening here I may as well go on a hiatus that will also heal me, at least in the sense of ridding me of my dependencies. 

Hope everything's going well in your neck of the woods   Heart

(10-17-2020, 09:41 PM)Levi517 Wrote: Hi Nameless

First congratulations on your courage and making the commitment to rehab and how wonderful that you have such great support from your Dad. You're very lucky.

I went to a 28 day rehab about 10 years ago for alcohol abuse but my "class" included those with drug and even gambling addictions. Luckily my employer's private insurance picked up most of the cost.

Every facility is going to be different of course but mine was a very supportive environment with 24/7 nurses and a doctor present every day. You'll likely have a counsellor that you'll talk to every day on how you're doing. The days were a mixture of education, experience sharing (support-group) and other activities including exercise, meditation/spiritual work, social times and "me-time". I met some great people across a wide range of backgrounds and ages. It is empowering to hear others' stories.

Don't worry too much about the room-mate thing. You are both there for a common goal and hopefully will get along well from the start; you're both individual human beings with "bodily functions" lol. That was the general experience in my stay but in a couple of cases, there were personality or emotional issues that made it impossible for the room-mates to get along and the counsellors made a switch.

Your detox will be science-based and designed to make things as smooth as possible. There will be some days that are tough but with your eyes on the prize you'll do fine.

Best to you and let us know how it goes. We care.

Aw i appreciate that, thank you so much. I've been on the methadone program on and off for years now and I'm just so tired of feeling ill if I don't take a substance, and never had the luxury of going into rehab til now so I always did it at home, so the PAWS would always get me to relapse, which I'm sure they'll help with that when I complete rehab.

And I appreciate all the info. Good to know there's "me time" because lord knows I need it lol. But thank you so much for your take on how it went for you, definitely calmed me down reading that this morning. Im glad that there will be round the clock nurses as well, since that's why I started seeking a government funded detox center but they all just switch you from methadone to suboxone.. its b.s. 

And you're right, its all about seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and I already see it. Im excited to finally be able to travel without worry, be naturally happy eventually and gain all my motivation back. 

Will definitely come back to this thread when I am out of rehab Smile

You are appreciated.

(10-17-2020, 10:28 PM)willie33 Wrote: Hello Nameless.

I pray that this helps you and I truly believe it will.

Smile

Thank you Willie  Shy I appreciate the support. It means the world to me, even if we don't know each other, and I will update how my experience went on this thread once its over  Smile
God bless you.
You are and will remain in our hearts, thoughts and our Prayers ...

All the best

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
(10-20-2020, 12:06 PM)IceWizard Wrote: You are and will remain in our hearts, thoughts and our Prayers ...

All the best

Ice

Thank you ice, I appreciate you and everyone helping to run this forum and am blessed to be part of a great community with great people and support. 

Definitely am anticipating coming back when I leave (N0v. 17).

Also a question for you, I know accounts get deactivate if they're inactive. If I am gone for 60 days will it automatically remove my account or will I be fine? 

Many thanks for your post, I will keep that in mind when I am in detox.  Shy
Your acct will be intact ...

Just take care of you and we will be awaiting your safe return

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Good luck to you Nameless! I admire your courage. Rooting for you and sending good vibes!
You've got this, Nameless!  The fact that you want this for yourself and that you have defined a goal will help you learn and grow and beat those demons.  The support from your dad is AWESOME!  My daughter decided to go to rehab a couple of years ago, so, of course, we made the arrangements for her at an out of state facility.  We found out that we had chosen a quality rehab, since not all programs offer medical support post-detox.  When she got home, my husband and I attended NA meetings with her to support her.  In one particular meeting, we each read a paragraph or two from the book and could comment (or not) on the particular topic.  A young man, who was struggling with addiction, read his paragraph and then looked at our daughter and said, "You don't know how lucky you are.  I'd give anything to have my parents come to a meeting with me."  Having your dad working to help you is a wonderful asset.  Hugz and prayers to you and to your family.