Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
anxiety/depression help you cope with pandemic
Hi All.

I had been doing ok with all of this until recently.  I have many health issues so I have limited my trips out to just groceries and unfortunately within the month of May - 2 Dr. visits for this ear infection.

But I have a very close friend who is an at home nurse for a young disabled girl and her employer told her she had to keep working because the girls parents could not work from home. 

So she is now in the hospital with Covid.  It is a very sad situation.  My friend has 4 daughters and numerous grand kids and cannot see any of them!! 

The final thing that has me breaking (I am Still in a RED county till this Friday) is the total disregard on MASKS!!!  We are to be wearing them but I just had to go pick up more antibiotics and very few people had masks on.  I personally intend to keep wearing mine and I don't understand why people think they are OPTIONAL!!!! 

Being alone has surely done a number on me as I live in area of elderly people and they don't even want to gab a bit when getting the mail.  So I think my cat is starting to learn English!!  lol  Rolleyes   

But honestly, this isolation is really starting to wear on me.  Thank goodness for all of you on here that are willing to lend an ear and to share your issues/problems/and compassion!!

Love you all and Stay HEALTHY!!!!   Heart

Slick
(05-27-2020, 01:39 PM)Charon Wrote: I do remember The Last Stop and cuz u did not have that disclaimer in your post, as u once did, i chose carefully to call u RHR. But I do recall.

I do stay in. I can walk on the property cuz no one has been around.  But I still gotta move. And i followed the progression of this illness.  Closely.  And I know where the most deaths were in my part of NY.  The epicenter. And now as I look for a place to move, I see the areas the hardest hit have all apts up for rent. Cheap. So, it is difficult to find housing that did not have covid victims around here. It is horrifying the anger issues and insanity of people as they attempt to cope with this. But I was asked to write tributes to covid patients on a different site. So I am acutely aware of this illness.  The happenstance of it all.  And it is an horrific way to die. So I gotta be cautious. And, financially. This has changed things for many of us.

I hope u find the causitive factor behind ur seizures. In NY it used to be two years u would voluntarily surrender driving privileges if you had a seizure.  So be grateful for Little Mercies.  Stay well.  And I shall to the best of my ability.
2 years? Holy moly!!! The doctors here were like stress, watching tv, many factors can cause it. My main doc thinks it’s a one and done type of deal. It better be. 

What also worries me about this is kids being stuck at home with abusive parents or alcoholics. There’s a very reasonable mental and other types of problems that can arise by not being able to leave. So do we open completely? But with safety measures in place? I think so. Also, the economy might not ever be the same if we don’t. It’s tricky, that’s for sure.

A Great Mind and a Good Heart and Soul Will Always Prevail and Rule Over The Rumors Fakery and Bullsh@t That You Go Through.
(05-27-2020, 02:33 PM)Slick Wrote: Hi All.

I had been doing ok with all of this until recently.  I have many health issues so I have limited my trips out to just groceries and unfortunately within the month of May - 2 Dr. visits for this ear infection.

But I have a very close friend who is an at home nurse for a young disabled girl and her employer told her she had to keep working because the girls parents could not work from home. 

So she is now in the hospital with Covid.  It is a very sad situation.  My friend has 4 daughters and numerous grand kids and cannot see any of them!! 

The final thing that has me breaking (I am Still in a RED county till this Friday) is the total disregard on MASKS!!!  We are to be wearing them but I just had to go pick up more antibiotics and very few people had masks on.  I personally intend to keep wearing mine and I don't understand why people think they are OPTIONAL!!!! 

Being alone has surely done a number on me as I live in area of elderly people and they don't even want to gab a bit when getting the mail.  So I think my cat is starting to learn English!!  lol  Rolleyes   

But honestly, this isolation is really starting to wear on me.  Thank goodness for all of you on here that are willing to lend an ear and to share your issues/problems/and compassion!!

Love you all and Stay HEALTHY!!!!   Heart

Slick
I am sorry about your friend. I hope she is doing better.
i wear a mask when in stores but not everyone is wearing them. I wish we had national,rules instead of each state, county, city doing their own thing.
Thanks Okokok.  All I know about her condition is that she is very sick.  On oxygen but not a respirator.  Her husband
is an EMT and her one daughter works in the lab there.  They can't see her but they can get updates!!  Thank goodness.  She also survived cancer around 8 years ago so she has a very compromised immune system.  I
just pray for her!!  We have been friends since high school.  People tend to think that they can't get Covid, BUT you
really can!!
That is why the mask wearing really is so important.  And new info coming out of the CDC is suggesting the 6 feet
apart distance is not even really enough with this virus.  Apparently the dust you can see suspended in the air on a sunny day - the dust particles have been tested and have enough trace amounts that it can cause infection in people.  So just PLEASE wear your mask!!  They really don't look that bad!!  Do it for your friends and family!!! 
Sorry - don't mean to preach!!
Stay HEALTHY my friends!!!

Slick Heart
Preach on!! This whole thing is just awful. My grandmother didn’t make it through a surgery. She passed away yesterday, only a couple days after, because her body want healing. Due to the pandemic no one could be with her though this. She was only 65 years old. Like plants, I feel people need love and nurturing to heal and grow. And you can’t get that when no contact is allowed. Why I’ve been MIA as of late, my heart is broken :’-(
PPGirl, prayers for you and your family and your dear Grandmother.  I feel your pain for not being able to be with her. This virus is so horrible!  I am so very sorry IT kept you from being with her. 

May God heal your heart.  And with time, you will be able to remember all the love you had in your relationship with her.  For now my friend, just pray and take care of yourself!! 

And remember we are here for you!!

Hugs!!

Slick Heart
(05-30-2020, 12:15 AM)Pwrpuffgirl Wrote: Preach on!! This whole thing is just awful. My grandmother didn’t make it through a surgery. She passed away yesterday,  only a couple days after, because her body want healing. Due to the pandemic no one could be with her though this. She was only 65 years old. Like plants, I feel people need love and nurturing to heal and grow. And you can’t get that when no contact is allowed. Why I’ve been MIA as of late, my heart is broken :’-(
I am sorry. This is heartbreaking. Hugs to you and your family.
Thank you so much Smile
(05-13-2020, 09:43 PM)Charon Wrote: I feel u r not super anxious for naught.  You are concerned about your Mom and your brother. Nah, I am not cleaning yet either.

People all speak about using zoom or such to see your mom. and your brother.  Would that help?

It seems like they are safe. But my heart goes out to you Orange Rabbit. I am very used to being alone.  My son finally called me for Mother's Day. He is in science and an essential worker. But for reasons unknown, I somehow added a crying cat to his name on the smart phone. Took me awhile to find that cat. But my son is notorious for not calling me.  Then, he thought about what I said. Lack of monies. No stimulus check. And, i gotta move whenever Landlord is allowed to evict us.  So today my son, rocket scientist of the world, sent me bottled water.  Very nice esp for how much he is under his wife's control.  Yum.  But it makes me smile to know he even cares.

When the worst is over, U will see your Mom and Brother and they will be fine.  And we shall get through this.  Most of us.  And your anxiety levels will drop. No more super anxious.  But the causitive factor is the amt of time u r waiting to see your loved ones.  Many with underlying conditions have recovered.  I lift up your mom and brother and you, and i know u are not into religion and stuff, but I gotta lift up your mom, your brother and you, In Jesus' precious name, that He grant you all health and healing and gives you the peace that surpasses understanding.

*i had to do that. I know, OR*  So, here is to less anxiety this week for all.  And weight? pshaw.  If one has food, it is normal to eat to relieve stress.  You will make it, OR.  promise.
Charon! I feel for you, I know zoom calls are ok for now, but its not the same as being with family, being able to have casual human interactions with loved ones.

And in regards to your son, I feel you, kind of. My situation is reversed where my mother never called me or came to see me when I chose to live with my dad when I was 3 y/o because her ex used to abuse her and he's even abused me, remember my dad came to visit and I ran as fast as I could into his arms and begged him "please can I come with you" .. i remember this vividly.

To this day my mother holds that as a grudge against me..when I was only 3 years old. She holds onto grudges like no other. And I've vented to her that i need my mom sometimes and how our relationship isn't even there, but it takes two to make things work and ive tried reaching out all i could.

I too am used to being alone, other than with my dad but we don't bother each other too much (he's a recluse) 

So for Charon, in Jesus's name and the grace of God i hope that your scenario with your landlord will go down smoothly, and find a new home with fresh beginnings, and pray your sons wife appreciates her mother in law much more. 
I know a few people that let their spouses get in between relationships between parent and child.. and its sad. 

And to you orange rabbit, 
I totally get the added anxiety, and you are blessed to have a family you love so much, to the point its disturbing your peace. I live in Canada and they're slowly lifting all bans, i hope they do too wherever you are and can see your family again and replace those feelings of anxiety with love and joy.

I know times are rough right now, but I pray that in the name of God, things will get better, and hopefully taking care of out planet is next.

There's a lyric from my favorite band called TOOL where it says "Moms comin round soon, moms coming back to put it back the way it ought to be"
As the country is opening up I have days where my anxiety is high. I have to remind my family to wash hands for 20 seconds instead of 5 seconds when they come home. It’s frustrating. I guess they feel it’s been going on so long that they can slack on being discipline in following covid precautions.