Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
anxiety/depression help you cope with pandemic
My husband is the same way. He rolls his eyes when I tell him to wash his hands when he comes home. That’s ok because In this situation less is not more. Being ocd about germs and washing hands these days is not a bad thing. Stay well!
I think the heat on top of everything else going on in USA is making my depression increase. Idk past 4 days have been rough. I need to get my butt working out again and do my morning page journal. I know it will help me feel better. It’s the motivation to do it, damn you depression.
So many emotions reading through this thread.

Firstly, my positive vibes go to everyone who has been okay with the quarantine at first (like me), but slowly began to have episodes as the time passed. Also positive energy to those who have lost loved ones; I am so so sorry for your loss.

I was one of those that thought "oh wow! finally! my introverted self will see this through!" And I did for the first couple of months. Then summer started, and I just wanted to get out of the house a bit and go back to my gym. Still closed! And I'm trying very, very hard to watch what I eat so I don't gain too much weight, but there are those days where I'm like "whatever I'm an adult" and I'll chow down on delicious noodles and some flan!

I've found that a simple walk around the neighborhood helps so much. At the beginning of the quarantine, I felt like even going outside and breathing the air was somehow dangerous, like it was toxic. I got over this pretty fast because I don't live in a densely populated area and there was no one around.

We will all make it through this, even with some areas getting rising cases. I really appreciate having this community to chat with and get some stuff off my chest and hear other stories about courage and power to get through tough times.
My anxiety was always there. Unfortunately the depression hit during Covid and I have not experienced that in over a decade. Not to that level anyway. For the first time that I can remember even the news would set of anxiety just seeing the way the world is now. Everyone picking sides. In my opinion each side could care less about our health and well-being!
Even post pandemic I’m still Struggling to lose weight even though I’m now exercising daily I think the work from home life compared to the office life really was such a massive change to my system it’s gonna take a whole lot of working out and diet ever get back to Koran “normal”
I wish I had the strength to accept hey maybe this is my new body and it’s OK but I’m not there yet. I do my daily spin classes and they make me feel good so that’s a win :-)
KG300 that’s tuff. I’m sorry for the pain. Do you think that it was the breakdown in connections and isolation that led to depression dip.?
What you explained about seeing the division and everyone picking sides definitely is a painful trigger when you already feel isolation and sadness. It’s like you turn on the tv “news” and it confirms what you feared.

I find remembering that not everyone is like that helps but it’s easy to loose sight of that with what we see on the news and shallow Hollywood entertainment.

I even find game shows and reality tv sometimes leaves me feeling deep sadness. But I’ve reflected on it and it must be shining a light on my own pain and isolation.

I can see reading hear that there is plenty of half decent people. I’m only just reaching out again after a long hibernation for the covid years.

Then just as I made appointments and start to contact my doctors just yesterday I turn on the news and all I see is ANOTHER wave of covid sweeping Australia. It’s disheartening
It’s hard
People do act odd and different when wearing masks and it’s hard to connect. And it feels like it’s all starting again,

I’m hoping though that it’s my fear of lockdown and masks and not actually really going to happen.

Anyway

Smile

(07-06-2022, 08:52 PM)happyvibe Wrote: Even post pandemic I’m still Struggling to lose weight even though I’m now exercising daily I think the work from home life compared to the office life really was such a massive change to my system it’s gonna take a whole lot of working out and diet ever get back to Koran “normal”
I wish I had the strength to accept hey maybe this is my new body and it’s OK but I’m not there yet. I do my daily spin classes and they make me feel good so that’s a win :-)

Spin classes are amazing. Both incredibly HARD.. but when you do it and succeed and it’s over how good does it feel!!! 

I recently got a treadmill and stuck a big screen tv in front of it. I can watch tv shows and movies and walk at a slower pace for longer periods. I’m even walking now as I browse the internet. I walk average/slow but for hrs. That’s so I don’t turn myself off it. I want it to be a positive experience I look forward to instead of getting it over with. 

Also I’m currently talking to my dr about how maybe as we get older it is healthy and normal to have more weight on us then say when me were young. He had a point and he wants me to read some books and be open minded. 

It’s about knowing what “your” body needs and at what weight it is both physically AND emotionally well. It’s all related. 

Anyway might be rambling but covid hears and lockdown shore has set me back in my recovery but only because I was fairly good at hiding. It’s the coming back out that is hard. 

Heart
Had to comment though on SPIN classes
That’s awesome ?
Connie, it definitely was the breakdown in connections that contributed to my mental health decline. On top of that work became over the top stressful and it became a very quick spiral down. I’m just grateful to be starting to get through it.
(07-07-2022, 10:05 PM)Hconnie8472 Wrote: KG300 that’s tuff. I’m sorry for the pain. Do you think that it was the breakdown in connections and isolation that led to depression dip.?
What you explained about seeing the division and everyone picking sides definitely is a painful trigger when you already feel isolation and sadness. It’s like you turn on the tv “news” and it confirms what you feared.

I find remembering that not everyone is like that helps but it’s easy to loose sight of that with what we see on the news and shallow Hollywood entertainment.

I even find game shows and reality tv sometimes leaves me feeling deep sadness. But I’ve reflected on it and it must be shining a light on my own pain and isolation.

I can see reading hear that there is plenty of half decent people. I’m only just reaching out again after a long hibernation for the covid years.

Then just as I made appointments and start to contact my doctors just yesterday I turn on the news and all I see is ANOTHER wave of covid sweeping Australia. It’s disheartening
It’s hard
People do act odd and different when wearing masks and it’s hard to connect. And it feels like it’s all starting again,

I’m hoping though that it’s my fear of lockdown and masks and not actually really going to happen.

Anyway

Smile

(07-06-2022, 08:52 PM)happyvibe Wrote: Even post pandemic I’m still Struggling to lose weight even though I’m now exercising daily I think the work from home life compared to the office life really was such a massive change to my system it’s gonna take a whole lot of working out and diet ever get back to Koran “normal”

Spin classes are amazing. Both incredibly HARD.. but when you do it and succeed and it’s over how good does it feel!!! 

I recently got a treadmill and stuck a big screen tv in front of it. I can watch tv shows and movies and walk at a slower pace for longer periods. I’m even walking now as I browse the internet. I walk average/slow but for hrs. That’s so I don’t turn myself off it. I want it to be a positive experience I look forward to instead of getting it over with. 

Also I’m currently talking to my dr about how maybe as we get older it is healthy and normal to have more weight on us then say when me were young. He had a point and he wants me to read some books and be open minded. 

It’s about knowing what “your” body needs and at what weight it is both physically AND emotionally well. It’s all related. 

Anyway might be rambling but covid hears and lockdown shore has set me back in my recovery but only because I was fairly good at hiding. It’s the coming back out that is hard. 

Heart
Had to comment though on SPIN classes
That’s awesome ?

It sounds like you have a great dr that is reinforcing that we should not be so hard on ourselves!  Walking is wonderful exercise. I used to do so much of it when i worked in the office.  Lately ive been trying to go on more walks with more dogs. But they stress me out with all the stuff they manage to put in their mouths! Lol
It’s so funny. I went to the docs today to check up on my stress anxiety and depression. The benefits of walking took a center stage. As a tool to cope I make sure I walk a minimum of 2 miles daily. It definitely helps me calm down a bit. Even at my worst I will walk to pass the time.