Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else in the path of Hurricane Dorian?
As usual, I am in the path of a hurricane. Talk about stress. This storm went from tropical depression to hurricane faster than you can change your underwear!!
Checklist:
Water,
Food,
Batteries,
Plastic bags,
First aid kit
Medications
And extra “b’s”
Already had a friend and his wife hit on St. Thomas....no cell service, so no news...
Check and double check....good luck and be safe, all.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You can observe a lot by just watching. Yogi Berra
Be safe Rumor.
OR
I am in Florida but on the west coast so hopefully I don’t get much but I’m still stocking up on supplies.

I hope everyone stays safe.

Be careful and take care,
Undermedicated
I'm saying a prayer that you will all hang on and get through this. I know you know preparation is the key and nobody knows it 
better that you. 
Thinking of you....
Lockes
Thank you everyone...this, too, shall pass. Will keep you in the loop!!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that’s why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It's good to see you Rumor. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this storm coming. It sounds like you are well prepared. Stay safe Rumor. Good Positive Vibes being sent your way......
This too shall pass. Heart
stay safe during this holiday weekend anyone in the path of the storm. i hope it changes course and stays out to sea.
Thank you...Good to see you, too, Roses. Hoping you are well.

This pretty much sums up our current state of affairs( one day I will learn how to upload to this site!) A little hurricane humor....

Hurricane update from Florida;
We are now certain that there is a hurricane, it is somewhere between a cat.1 and cat.5. We are sure it may or may not bring rain to all or some areas, totaling .01 inches to 10 feet. We also know it will be impacting none or all of Florida, coming ashore on the east, northeast, center, west, northwest or Alabama side of the state, sometime on Saturday, Sunday or Monday but still not ruling out Tuesday. We have downloaded an app to our phones allowing us to use them as walkie-talkies that may or may not work. In short, we are prepared for all of the above and we will be fine.

For more Florida hurricane humor, google Florida hurricane memes....perhaps someone with a better skill set than I, can upload some of the funnier ones.

If you can’t control it, might as well try to find a way to laugh about it! ;-)

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hello Rumor I’m hoping for the best for you during this hurricane. Just the other day I wasn’t to worried since I’m on the west coast and I look today and now they have it projected to come right over the top of me. Smh. That’s Florida weather for ya lol. In years past I’ve been pretty lucky. I’m pretty well prepared I just hope we don’t lose power.....and hoping the mail doesn’t get delayed lol.
(08-30-2019, 12:50 AM)Undermedicated Wrote: Hello Rumor I’m hoping for the best for you during this hurricane. Just the other day I wasn’t to worried since I’m on the west coast and I look today and now they have it projected to come right over the top of me. Smh. That’s Florida weather for ya lol. In years past I’ve been pretty lucky. I’m pretty well prepared I just hope we don’t lose power.....and hoping the mail doesn’t get delayed lol.
Good wishes your way....stressed out much?  Smile

Eleanor Roosevelt