Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is so special about Xanax???
Thanks All, and Chantilly, you really gave me the answer i expected to hear and did to some degree on earlier posts. It is a high? When I finally got a script for Clonazepam, the fact that it erased anxiety fast was definitely a high but eventually like all B's you loose the "High" and continue to use just to feel normal. Best to YOU ALL-FF
Certain Br0mas brand are my favourite they're no longer available where I stay I had a good help who went rogue so they're my fav over anything
I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread, but I have some academic training on psychoactive drugs. So, perhaps my post will be useful.

Of the benzodiazepines used on an out-patient basis in the U.S., Xanax is the strongest. Anything stronger, such as Versed (midazolam) is typically only available as an IV drug for in-hospital use. (Versed's main use is in combination with other drugs for sedation or anesthesia during medical procedures.)

So, if someone likes the effect that benzodiazepines have on them, they will probably like Xanax more than the other pills available. 

]Benzodiazepines have profound effects on the brain and body, including suppression breathing. Therefore, the brain has mechanisms to adapt to them very quickly, even before they are out of the bloodstream. The result is that the more powerful a benzodiazepine is, the faster it wears off. Other things being equal, drugs that wear off quickly producing more cravings and are more addictive. Xanax is the most addictive of the benzodiazepines used outside of hospitals, because it is the strongest -- it hits the brain hard, then wears off fast.  

As for the original poster's claim that the slower-acting benzodiazepines are less addictive, that is correct. However, no benzodiazepines should be used on a long-term, round the clock basis unless prescribed by a neurologist to protect the brain from damage. For example, benzodiazepines (longer acting ones than Xanax) may have to be used 24/7 by people with life-threatening epilepsy. Often, such patients are miserable about needing sedatives -- they never feel truly awake. 

Benzodiazepines are a poor choice for long-term anxiety -- certain types of anti-depressants work much better. Xanax is sometimes prescribed to be used *]occasionally* by people with panic attacks. The idea is to give the patient something that will stop the panic attack quickly, so that the patient has the confidence to go out in and live a normal, instead of staying home where they feel safer.

I know of no legitimate use for taking Xanax on a continuous basis.
Hello FF how are you my friend?
I have been prescribed different benz@s,& also p@xil and z@loft type of meds.
When I was a teenager over 20years ago I was first prescribed Klons for my issues with anxiety and they did seem to work at first but always made me feel a littler sluggish and tired.
When my doc switched me to x@n@x I would take it in the morning and it felt like it would actually give me energy and help with my anxiety.
That’s why I always go back to x@n@x after trying many other benz@s. It’s the only one that seems to give me energy in the morning and makes me more sociable. My job requires me to be talkative and sociable with my clients and i have found x@ns help me the most.

Now I am very lucky I have been on and off them for 20years and never experienced any w/d symptoms when I come off of them. If I know I’m going to run out before I get more I do a very fast taper anywhere from 2-4mgs a day down to zero in a week or less.
I guess I am very lucky because I read these horror stories about the w/d’s but thank got over the last 20 years I have never experienced any of the symptoms I read about. But like I have said before I am very mindful of not going from 2-4mg a day and then go off cold turkey. I do taper but like I said it’s a very quick taper less than a week and I have always been ok. Maybe it’s just my body chemistry I really don’t know but I do consider myself lucky.

But I do want to give Klons another try and I do plan on doing that because I really haven't gave them a real try in many years. I just remember them making me feel tired thru out the day.

EDIT: Let me just add I do agree with what someone posted above that x@ns jst help the symptoms but does not actually fix the underlying issue that’s actually causing my anxiety issues.
I would say a lot of m3ds are only supossed to be prescribed for short amount of times and for good reasons but practically speaking if you have a chronic illness or condition its not what docs do in many cases. Even with antidrepressents you need counseling and life style changes which can be very hard for some and don't work for others so @lps and other benz0s may be the only thing that works and they become a long term solution for many. Also many drugs only treat symptoms and for the patient it might be the best treatment they can find. This can also be applied to many OT m3ds. I would love a magical pill that would instantly cure all peoples of their maladies.
Hello UnderM, thanks for your participation in this discussion! Good Post and I have found that after the first few weeks of use, the Clons no longer made me drowsy and make me feel very well as poof-no anxiety. I have been able like you to WD from years of Clon and V use as well which is why I am kind of an anti-Xan guy and started this thread. Thank You Peony13 for a Great, informative post! You know your stuff and we need more folks who truly contribute. Peace-FF
(09-11-2019, 12:29 AM)fishfarmer Wrote: Hello UnderM, thanks for your participation in this discussion! Good Post and I have found that after the first few weeks of use, the Clons no longer made me drowsy and make me feel very well as poof-no anxiety. I have been able like you to WD from years of Clon and V use as well which is why I am kind of an anti-Xan guy and started this thread. Thank You Peony13 for a Great, informative post! You know your stuff and we need more folks who truly contribute. Peace-FF
Thanks, FF! I hope to be a useful participant here.