Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brexit - easier to receive or worse?
(12-16-2019, 05:37 PM)G.Elias Wrote: Am moving out of England if possible,after that election result things are going to get worse.
What pisses me off is all those pit villages that got destroyed by Thatcher voted for more of the same,plus we all helped the miners for that long year in so many ways and now they turn to a party that basically destroyed them,ya cant make this shit up any more,everything they ask for they deserve what they'll get and what they'll also lose.

I can understand that. I would also leave, with huge regret, but have elderly parents so am tethered to the country for now. Where are you moving to? I sometimes think about Scotland. In bolder moments I think of NZ, although that'd be a big no if I were still making orders from any of the places on this forum!

The England I grew up in seems to have vanished. We've gone through surreal, down the rabbit hole, beyond "you couldn't make it up", and into I've run out of metaphors territory!

Agree the election result was terrible. I honestly don't have the words to describe how I feel about Boris Johnson. I actually find myself thinking Thatcher was better in that she was more honest (however much I disagreed with her). Boris is a genuine sociopath, it doesn't bother him he is caught out lying. He has such contempt for reality he trolls people with things like his absurd story of making toy red buses out of wine boxes. He doesn't even care that it's obviously bullshit, and that everyone knows it is BS. It has somehow seduced otherwise decent people who have voted for all this.

I was young in the miners' strike, but brought up to respect it and I remember my mom helping collect tins of food to support them. I'm currently in a job taking industrial action and going on strike is really expensive. I'm amazed the general public don't seem to realise you don't get paid if on strike. I'd have thought that was obvious. So being yelled at by random members of the public to go and do what I'm paid for isn't fun - I'm not paid... that's sort of the point.

Messages In This Thread
Brexit - easier to receive or worse? - by barq2 - 06-15-2019, 02:54 PM
RE: Brexit - easier to receive or worse? - by barq2 - 12-17-2019, 09:40 AM