Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brexit - easier to receive or worse?
(10-31-2019, 02:02 PM)G.Elias Wrote: Oh no xmas/brexit and now a election,you just know the madness is going to go into over drive now,theres panic buying at xmas,shops closed for 2/3 days and folk buy enough for a month,imagine what the eve of Brexit will be like,whenever thats going to be,i'm really starting to think it might not happen,i wish xmas wasnt going to happen either,quorn sos rolls from greggs for xmas dinner with instant mash(if theres enough milk left to make it.)..Eventually Reece Mogg will fall from that horse and it'll be one mighty bump he feels.

It should have been today we left the EU,at least the mail is ok at the mo and no rioting as predicted by god knows who.

It is almost as though those predictions of rioting were part of some project to create fear ;-) The Brexit fanatics banged on about "project fear" during the referendum (or what I call "reality")... it is almost like they are now doing it themselves, but I'm sure they'd never be so dishonourabe.

While part of me thinks that if it is going to happen, let's get on with it, I think there are logistical advantages in it NOT being just pre Christmas. Around late Jan there is more slack in the system, more space in the warehouses, etc. It still isn't good, but the run up to xmas was an especially stupid time to do it - although you might say the same of holding an election. It is almost as though they know lots of uni students will have just gone back home and won't be able to vote. Saying that, universities are no longer allowed to help get all their students on the electoral roll, each student has to do it independently. Clearly that wasn't done to save work, so it is almost like the Tories don't want half a million students whose fees got jacked up to 9k to vote. Next watch out for voter ID - having to show photo ID before you can vote. Guess who is less likely to have a passport? Clue: They don't vote Conservative.

It makes me really angry on behalf of those younger people. They'll inherit a load of debt and a screwed-up planet. Well done everyone!

I don't have kids mainly because I'm gay so it would take a bit more "organisation" and pretty unlikely to happen on a drunken night out ;-) But having a little distance from the kids situation honestly makes me think I wouldn't want to bring them into this world, knowing the debt they'll inherit and climate change could be really bad by the end of their lives. I guess I'd consider adopting, but those are kids who already exist so it's a bit different. But my paternal/maternal parenting needs are met by having hundreds of students to look after.

Sorry, this has gone from a practical question about postage to me having an existential breakdown!!! LOL. :-)

I placed an order very specifically to catch the start of Brexit and see what happened, but obviously Brexit is delayed so we won't find out for a while. Now I need to check the use by dates on my Brexit stash of food, household stuff and meds... BTW I'm not suggesting the collapse of society (!!!), just in case I'm making anyone anxious. It is more that it could be a load of hassle to queue for certain things if there is high demand, especially in cold January. I'd rather have those tins of soup bought and ready. Same applies to the "magazine" situation.

Messages In This Thread
Brexit - easier to receive or worse? - by barq2 - 06-15-2019, 02:54 PM
RE: Brexit - easier to receive or worse? - by barq2 - 10-31-2019, 07:17 PM