Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brexit - easier to receive or worse?
(10-26-2019, 01:37 PM)G.Elias Wrote: It does feel like some kind of parallel universe of insanity we are going through,next it will be Reese Mogg dressed as Oswald Mosely trying to storm through the east end on a white horse stark naked carrying a union jack and dragging his son along behind on a length of rope.

At the mo,mail seems ok from Europe,get it while you can,panic buy a huge supply of magazines to read through the impending darkness we will be consumed by.....LoL!

Thanks for that Mogg-mental image... that's my nightmares for the next week sorted out! :-)

I know what you mean though, as I feel like we are heading for a "rivers of blood" type rant from somewhere. Although the reassurances are so brilliantly pitiful it is beyond satire: "it won't be a Mad Max dystopia"; "there will be adequate food" etc. This is the economic equivalent of having trade sanctions placed on us by most of the world. Only we chose to do it to ourselves.

My best friend works in logistics. She controls where those containers and pallets of goods go. I used to be in retail management and stock control. The "just in time" logistics model once beloved of the financial sector as efficient isn't going to serve us well... It only takes a relatively small percentage of people to stock up on extra milk, bread, etc on the day before Brexit and you will see empty shelves. The media will run that story and so more panic buying will occur. So you can have shortages purely due to consumer behaviour. God help us when the supply side gets restricted by lorries arriving at Dover. The main comfort is people are very predictable in what they panic buy. Bread, milk, baked beans. If you can do some lateral thinking then you'll have some weird meals, but there will still be food.

Now it is delayed a bit longer so we won't have to spend Christmas fighting over who gets to eat the best bit of roasted rat and scavenging for roadkill. As a vegetarian, I'm screwed as there won't be any roadkill Quorn! ;-)

Messages In This Thread
Brexit - easier to receive or worse? - by barq2 - 06-15-2019, 02:54 PM
RE: Brexit - easier to receive or worse? - by barq2 - 10-29-2019, 06:39 PM