Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brexit - easier to receive or worse?
I don't know if Customs will end up having to shift focus to lorries and basically let all the post through more or less unexamined. That seems like the obvious way to try and keep things moving and not have the empty shelves situation. Or the alternative is they get stricter on packages from Europe.

It is a thankless task trying to guess what will happen with Brexit (which I regard as the worst idea the UK has had for about 100 years). Maybe it'll be the first scenario in the early days if it is as chaotic as I think it'll be, and ultimately they regain control and then start checking mail more thoroughly like my second scenario.

There is now a serious chance of Brexit being delayed again - how am I supposed to panic buy when they keep changing the date? ;-)

(10-14-2019, 04:57 PM)G.Elias Wrote: Been wondering this myself,just got no idea yet,we will do soon tho,already some shortages of basic meds from a pharmacy.Def aint going to be risking any big orders,crimbo might be interesting as well,lol,aint Santa from the EU,poor kids,no prezzies for you now.
Seriously,i hope it doesnt cause a shed load of backed up mail,time will tell.

Yes, the list of meds in short supply has become quite substantial. Some of them have equivalents that are more freely available, but a switch from one to another would be disruptive. The situation I think of is someone who has tried a number of antidepressants and finally found the one that works for them. Ok, so they can be given another SSRI, but it won't necessarily work (other than to stop the effects of rapidly stopping the original med).

I have bought quite a lot of Christmas presents already, and am sitting on a large supplied of tinned and dried food (plus other household essentials). I can hardly move for toilet rolls, packs of noodles, and tins of tomatoes! I've tried to do my stocking up over a period of time so as not to actually contribute to panic buying problems.

Keep in mind that if there is a bare shelf anywhere in the UK, the media will pounce on it and delight in reporting it. That in turn will make a certain proportion of people go out and panic buy, thus clearing shelves and creating the shortage. That situation is all based on consumer behaviour, so you don't actually need any disruption in supply for shortages to exist. If people perceive a serious risk of no-deal then I would expect that panic buying to clear some shelves before we even leave the EU.

Sorry to paint such a gloomy picture!

Messages In This Thread
Brexit - easier to receive or worse? - by barq2 - 06-15-2019, 02:54 PM
RE: Brexit - easier to receive or worse? - by barq2 - 10-15-2019, 09:55 AM