Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brexit - easier to receive or worse?
Question 
Brexit is supposed to happen on Oct 31st. Do you reckon Brexit (especially the no-deal type) will make it easier or harder to receive packages?

My opinion, is that if the UK really does leave with no-deal, then it will be chaotic. Not talking "back to the dark ages" like some remainers, but very bumpy to put it mildly. So will the international mail start piling up, or will they just let it all through as they've got vehicles and food to inspect? I wonder if it might be the latter - but will we actually know? I doubt the government would exactly advertise it, but the media love reporting chaos so if mail backed up we'd probably hear about it.

BTW I considered putting this in a more chatty area since we are speculating, but most forum users on the other side of the Atlantic don't care that much about whether the UK is in the EU or not. I also want to avoid a political debate that turns into an argument. Most people with a view are very polarised - I'm sure there are people I like on this forum, who I'd totally disagree with about Brexit.
I will say worst . Specially, from EU. I have a friend that leave there ( internet friend ) and lately, he told me that is getting harder to get magazines. He even received an LL letter for a magazine from inside EU.
(06-17-2019, 06:47 AM)killingstress Wrote: I will say worst . Specially, from EU. I have a friend that leave there ( internet friend ) and lately, he told me that is getting harder to get magazines. He even received an LL letter for a magazine from  inside EU.

LL for within EU... that is unusual (and very unlucky for your friend). I wonder if it was an especially large order of mags or poorly packaged?

This is speculation, but in the case of no deal Brexit things could get really random with some countries of origin being easier than others. It'll be hard to tell because obviously we don't get into discussing origins.

My doctor gave me extra in the days before the expected Brexit date. I was nervous and although he said there wouldn't be a problem, who can tell for sure? He kindly obliged - I don't think he thought it was really needed but saw my anxiety and realised this "safety" would make me less anxious.
Maybe they will have just more work to do. Now its internal, in future external....so 500 times more things to do Smile Maybe it wont be worse.
Grateful for every good day.
It won't make any difference to postal services.
I can see it only causing more issues for us in uk.who get from European countries. For me personally won't make difference.as I mostly get mags from africa.n middle East n asia.and also home. Just more head ache.and pocket bust for those who do.