Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ketamine for depression
I hope to have some k3tamine in my hands soon and I am very depressed. I will surely report to you guys if it helps me. Z0loft and lex@pr0 just gave me sides and didn’t help at all. Hope the k helps.
In the early 90’s I tried it frequently and never liked the feeling and it honestly made me feel more depressed. Maybe just me, but seems like a very bad choice for the majority of people seeking depression related fixes.
" The Intuitive Mind Is a Sacred Gift and the Rational Mind Is a Faithful Servant " AE
This is not something to implement into a daily routine. It’s something to treat with caution. The clinics charge a lot for this stuff. I have used this compound for a tiny drop and can say for sure it helps depression and anxiety. I used so litttle and still had no anxiety or bad thoughts for a few days after using it. I just wished it helped me sleep. I struggle with insomnia.
It’s worth nothing that if anyone is going to use this to treat depression or anxiety, you need to get human grade vials. Not vet grade or underground lab made powder. You need to get the us or equivalent pharmaceutical vials that are means for humans as they have the perfect r and s racemic mixture. That’s the only one that helps depression and anxiety and is tolerated by humans. Thank you
So I have an update with the ket. I used it and it is amazing for anxiety and depression. The problem i have found is that the effects only last so long after you stop taking it. The great thing is their are no withdrawals. I feel like a week after I stopped, i
started getting the anxiety and depression back. So it wasn't as permanent a solution like i thought it would be. Perhaps with longer use? I mean just a drop at night was so helpful. Maybe I'm just unlucky. I will try it again in the future when things are better in my life and maybe it will work better
(05-09-2019, 02:53 AM)fishfarmer Wrote: That is a tough question Travo? Last I heard the Doc's can run a simple blood test to determine which AD is right for you with few side-effects, correct me if I am wrong. I hope you find what works for YOU-FF
Definitely not. 
They can use genetic tests to make some educated guesses. This can be done with FDA approved methods through your doc, or if you've done something like 23andme or ancestrydna you can use the site promethease to help you figure it out from your raw data, since those tests include pretty much all of the genetic data points that the FDA approved tests look at, just very very accurately instead of very very very absolutely certain accuracy. Those are the scientific terms, obviously Tongue
interpreting it yourself using promethease can be a bit tricky if you don't know what you're looking for, and unfortunately a lot of docs last took a bio class before we'd even sequenced the human genome so they're not up to date on the genetics or the implications. 
I recommend the test if your insurance will cover it or if you're really having a hard time finding meds, but it's not a miracle by any stretch. 

As for K, yes I've used it. There's now an FDA approved version for depression, just the S isomer as a nasal spray, spr@vat0, but it can still be really expensive. I went the much cheaper row of acquiring and administering it myself. I kept it all consistent with what is done in medical settings, but  it was the difference between a few hundred bucks and tens of thousands. My interpretation of the research out there as a general impression from a bunch of studies is that it seems to work as a miracle antidepressant for about a third of patients, alleviate suicidal ideation but not help much with depression in another third, myself included, and do nothing for the remaining third . 
They find the effects last longer with repeated use. Standard regimen us 2x/wk for six weeks, then drop back to as needed, maybe once a week for a while and eventually once every few months or even years. This held true for me. It's worth noting that anecdotally people report the effects not working if they're on benzos. They're also doing studies to see if n@ltrex0ne, an 0pi0id receptor antagonist, blocks the antidepressant effects. Nothing has been published yet last I checked, but I've heard from friends of friends where they're doing that preliminary research that they're finding that it does block the effects, so I stopped my naltrexone before using K. 

General disclaimer, I am not a medical doctor and this is not medical advice. I am a biologist but my expertise is much more in cell bio than in human medicine.
Yes this deffiently worked for me, I wanna try the new nasal spray and iv sessions. How hard is it to get on, does anyone know.
(10-13-2019, 07:14 PM)irie311 Wrote: Yes this deffiently worked for me, I wanna try the new nasal spray and iv sessions. How hard is it to get on, does anyone know.
Tbh I think IV would be easier because it's out of pocket and most docs who do it are looking to make $. If you've never tried an antidepressant before, you'd probably have a hard time getting it, but if you have a history of treatment resistant depression it should be pretty easy. I had an initial eval and got approved for the IV or nasal spray at one local ketamine clinic, but it turned out that the insurance coverage on the nasal spray sucked and so I didn't end up following through. I just got it from an IOP which ended up being much cheaper. 
I'm still kinda skeptical of the nasal spray tbh. Afaik there haven't been any studies directly comparing spr@vat0 to IV or IM r@cemic ket@mine.
(10-23-2019, 07:04 AM)Psyboi Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 05:00 PM)DopamineDeficient Wrote:
(10-13-2019, 07:14 PM)irie311 Wrote: Yes this deffiently worked for me, I wanna try the new nasal spray and iv sessions. How hard is it to get on, does anyone know.
Tbh I think IV would be easier because it's out of pocket and most docs who do it are looking to make $. If you've never tried an antidepressant before, you'd probably have a hard time getting it, but if you have a history of treatment resistant depression it should be pretty easy. I had an initial eval and got approved for the IV or nasal spray at one local ket@mine clinic, but it turned out that the insurance coverage on the nasal spray sucked and so I didn't end up following through. I just got it from an IOP which ended up being much cheaper. 
I'm still kinda skeptical of the nasal spray tbh. Afaik there haven't been any studies directly comparing spr@vat0 to IV or IM r@cemic ket@mine.

So sorry correct me if I am wrong, you need to go through various treatments of @nti-depressants (that I know do not work properly with my body in order to try to acquire a treatment that I am almost positive works?, what a world.
Well generally you have to try them to know whether or not they work for you. Ket@mine is up there with like TMS/ECT as a kind of last resort treatment.
This is very interesting and something I will be looking into. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.