Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edibles for sleep
My GP is alarming me that @mbien causes dementia so im hoping one day I can explore MM for sleep related issues legally in the state i live in.
Quote:My GP is alarming me that @mbien causes dementia

I was disappointed to discover that not only is @mbien linked to dementia, but benzos in general apparently also show a link to dementia, per: https://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g5205

and  @mbien is also associated with withdrawal seizures (like benzos) although at far higher dosages than I would consider reasonable e.g. the woman in this study was taking 160mg! daily https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16950552.

Still, just another reason to consider MM, although now I wonder how long it will be before that too is shown to lead to deficits of some kind after long-term use. Currently, researchers seem split on whether MM might cause dementia. or be used to treat it. I suppose time will tell. 

It seems there are no free lunches, and even the cheap ones are getting hard to find.

Benny
I've had terrible insomnia since I was a kid. This past year I had a seizure from @mbien withdrawal which cause a serious skull fracture for me, and now I have regular seizures and I'm on epilepsy medicine indefinitely (which if I forget or miss a dose, I have another seizure. I have had about a half dozen since the first one, but none as dramatic as the first one.)

"Calm for restful sleep" (the one that has melatonin, magnesium, GABA and L-theanine) and edible CBD gummies (with high potency CBD level but without thc) have helped me sleep in replacement of @mbien--though they are more subtle and take better sleep hygiene to really work. I also have a prescription for mirtazapine which helps, but it's an off label use since it's an anti-depressant, and can cause weight gain in some people. I also do some meditation apps.

I miss the @mbien a lot, but that first seizure was the scariest and most painful thing I've ever experienced. Part of my skull is still fractured even six months later. Thankfully all the pain is gone. I'm very lucky in that sense.

With vendors disappearing (and my own fault for not getting a good enough supply for tough times) I suffered pretty severe consequences from running out after having taken it for over a decade.

More to your question: I tried the edibles with THC for sleep and it made me feel really super high and I didn't sleep well at all. I know everyone is different, but the CDB ones without THC worked better for restful sleep for me (in combination with the other things I mentioned.)
(05-21-2019, 08:28 PM)nicenchill Wrote: I definitely agree that 3dibl3s are excellent for helping with sl33p, the key is timing them, knowing your digestion and what you are consuming, its all about absorption rat3 which is likely controlled by 3dibl3 typ3, strain type probably matters, but I feel like it matters less so with an 3dibl3 then with something from a bouquet...hope my .02 can help out a little bit Smile all the best iop family

Where I come from you can order ind!idca oil legally. If it was not for the price, the sleep i get from it is incredible.
but now goverments and other corporations are making lots of money of people who do not want to smoke the pr0dut.

i notice if i sm0ke indicia bud i get very very sleepyand tired/lazy and it helps me in that regard, but depends on the setting i cannot just always smoke buud or smell lik eit.
I struggle with anxiety, arthritis pain, and sleep issues also.  My state legalized MM in all forms, so I got my license and began to learn and try different things, but it isn't cheap.  I quit smoking years ago and chose not to use MM in that form.  My doctor suggested the tincture drops, so that's where I started.  I was determined to use thc without cbd, but I had some very unpleasant side effects:  anxiety, heart palpitations, headache, and such.  I did some research and talked to the very knowledgeable people at the dispensary, and I think I have finally found a good combination.  I bought some 10 mg cbd gummies (not too expensive), and take half a gummie and half a dropperful of the tincture.  The cbd helps tremendously, and with it (and a sativa strain), I can even manage to work and stay active.  I use indica edibles for sleep (together with a b3nz0).  

A wonderful resource that has helped me tremendously is www.leafly.com

It contains a wealth of very helpful information.  My doctor also was adamant that cbd should only be purchased at a dispensary.  There is a lot of snake oil out there.  I hope this helps some. 

[url=https://www.leafly.com/][/url]
(01-12-2020, 12:56 PM)magnet1153 Wrote: I struggle with anxiety, arthritis pain, and sleep issues also.  My state legalized MM in all forms, so I got my license and began to learn and try different things, but it isn't cheap.  I quit smoking years ago and chose not to use MM in that form.  My doctor suggested the tincture drops, so that's where I started.  I was determined to use thc without cbd, but I had some very unpleasant side effects:  anxiety, heart palpitations, headache, and such.  I did some research and talked to the very knowledgeable people at the dispensary, and I think I have finally found a good combination.  I bought some 10 mg cbd gummies (not too expensive), and take half a gummie and half a dropperful of the tincture.  The cbd helps tremendously, and with it (and a sativa strain), I can even manage to work and stay active.  I use indica edibles for sleep (together with a b3nz0).  

A wonderful resource that has helped me tremendously is www.leafly.com

It contains a wealth of very helpful information.  My doctor also was adamant that cbd should only be purchased at a dispensary.  There is a lot of snake oil out there.  I hope this helps some. 

[url=https://www.leafly.com/][/url]
I've found edibles with cannabis distillate tend to have more of a stronger effect compared to most of the traditional edibles that are available.

I also have recently acquired a Mary Jane Inhaler, very much is a gamechanger

Leafly and weedmaps are definitely a big help in regards to finding what works for you and your chemistry 

My doctor was very hesitant when I brought to his attention at the time I was getting CBD products from wild Bill's.

He informed me all potential health concerns getting it from not a reputable source but a smoke shop that has no results for ANYthing, sure gave me the heebie jeebies.
"There's no place like home.”
Wish I could use it for sleep, but a drug tested job removes all possibility.
(04-24-2019, 12:59 PM)Pierre Wrote: Has anyone tried marijuana edibles for better sleep?  If so, which strain?

I know this is an older thread, but Rick Simpson oil (Phoenix tears) taken orally not only helped me sleep but it helped me and made me feel relaxed while going through cold turkey off a medication.

Highly recommend
I am from a state where it’s legalized for medical and rec, I have a card and use for sleeping aid as well. You def want an Indic@ for sure. Hybr1d w/Ind. if only thing you can get but I’d recommend potent 18 % or higher. S@tiva strains will keep you up, if you have anxiety I’d recommend to stay away. I got my things mixed up and i was able to sleep for 3 nights straight. If your looking to have good time during day S@tiv@ is good, but for sleep stay far away.
~~Patience is the gateway to success~~