Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are most folks with anxiety sensitive people?
Many things can contribute to anxiety depending on the person. Example: Brother has fear of flying so takes a Benzo for that and that is it. I am very sensitive when it comes to the way I am treated by owners at the work place and treated by others as well can lead to major anxiety. Also have some social anxiety as most all do we would like to feel comfortable around other people  My change of jobs, the last one the owner had anger issues, to a new farm where I am appreciated, has made a huge difference and Benzo use has declined substantially. Just curious if you to are a sensitive person when it comes to human interaction? Is that what triggers your anxiety? Newer members feel free to PM me as I may have advice, Older members have likely heard my story enough. It was just a thought I had that I felt was worth posting. Thanks My Friends-FF
Hi fishfarmer, this thread could really lead to some good idea and thoughts.
What would happen if I forgot my worries. Bwetter yet I did not have worries to forget.

Are most folks with anxiety sensitive people? ----

I would say no, or not necessarily.

Sure sensitive people can have anxiety, because they are examining each interaction and responding to perceived slights. << thin skinned >>
Or have heightened sensitivity to certain situations or phobias- either learned or innate.

If you are suggesting sensitive people as caring people- again I would say there is no relationship.

However, I would suggest that people who suggest confidence or even aggressive behavior << interpreted as over confidence >>;
also can have underlying anxiety which is manifested in their aggression/bulling/insensitivity etc.

Anxiety is indiscriminate to 'sensitivity' ........IMHO

Folken
I have always had anxiety and am very sensitive, I have learned to not show it, but the feelings flood me regardless.

I am without a doubt a highly sensitive person. For me FF it can be a person or a place. I was actually discussing this with a long time friend the other day who is similar. I wish I had a switch or way to turn off the flood of feelings I get, I have yet to find one. 

I too have worked under some very anger people, it did not make for a pleasant work environment. This person's energy could be felt immediately once in the office and most of my co-workers would mention the feeling in the office.

This may sound completely bonkers, but some places I can feel, some have really good energy and others extremely bad energy.

I am extremely skeptical person of many things, before I tell this I want to mention this.

I once lived in a place that the last occupant ended their life in this home. The area they ended their life in always had a very dark feeling to me. At times I could not be in this area of the house it was so intense, I was unaware of what happened until after I had moved.

I am making no claims of special powers or any of the like, but since a child I could always "feel" a person or place. I cannot properly describe it but it has caused me a great deal of anxiety in my life. It is something I have never been able to control, I can block it out with music but other than that I have not found much else I can do.

In larger city areas, ones where you can become lost in the crowd I am not anxious at all, I actually feel quite free.

A trip to a Walmart can be overwhelming for me if I do not properly prepare. Shopping centers and larger grocery stories can create a great deal of anxiety for me. If I listen to music and get in and out I am okay.

For me it can be unbearable   I get flooded with the emotions or energy of a place. I have no idea how to better describe it.

I have always been told "you are too sensitive" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

I use to fight it, or try to suppress it, now I just work around it.

My anxiety has never had a specific cause, it comes when it pleases unfortunately. I can do the same thing, in the same place ten times and the eleventh I am filled with anxiety.

I am uncertain if my sensitivity go hand in hand, but my sensitivities can be extreme, in some cases it has benefited me, in others in has been torturous. A gift and a curse if you will.
Better to be in the sensitive court of life, than the insensitive one LostInTheMix.

People like labels- it is some innate need to categorize the world around them. Trying to make sense of their place by labeling the rest.

Whatever label you see yourself in does not add nor subtract from your worth.

If others preserve you as sensitive do not internalize it as a negative. 

Be like the child who doesn't cry when a bubble bursts- but sets out to make another...………

Folken
LostInTheMix.. sounds like you are an empath as well. There is nothing wrong with the label. You may want to do some research, as there are ways to protect yourself.. especially from the toxic negativity. It will help your reactions and ease your anxiety.
Laxfinity I have done some reading on empaths and ways to manage everyday life, I really need to do some more.

Many moons ago I met a person similar to me who has given me some really great tools to manage everyday life and to allow whatever this is to be beneficial and not a curse.

They did tell me, and this person was thirty years my senior, they do not believe it is something you can ever turn off. 

I always wished I could experience  one day without it. 

Because of my sensitivities I can really "feel" music. Whenever in an uncomfortable situation out in the world headphones and my extremely eclectic mix of music do the trick. It literally removes me from whatever energies are lurking inside a grocery store or shopping center.

I am one of those people who prefers food shopping very late or very early.

Thank you for the suggested reading, I will certainly look into it some more.
I’ve always been very sensitive and anxious, I really need to toughen up a bit. I think the two feed off each other, and there’s a correlation but I know people who are one or the other, so I don’t think being sensiin itself causes anxiety.
(03-03-2019, 12:40 AM)Yes FF we could be twins. I am high anxiety at work because my industry is stressful and around certain family. Can’t to negativity and toxic. I try to limit it as much as Possible, as one can in this world.  fishfarmer Wrote: Many things can contribute to anxiety depending on the person. Example: Brother has fear of flying so takes a Benzo for that and that is it. I am very sensitive when it comes to the way I am treated by owners at the work place and treated by others as well can lead to major anxiety. Also have some social anxiety as most all do we would like to feel comfortable around other people  My change of jobs, the last one the owner had anger issues, to a new farm where I am appreciated, has made a huge difference and Benzo use has declined substantially. Just curious if you to are a sensitive person when it comes to human interaction? Is that what triggers your anxiety? Newer members feel free to PM me as I may have advice, Older members have likely heard my story enough. It was just a thought I had that I felt was worth posting. Thanks My Friends-FF
Hi my Twin Friend! Anxiety is complex and one size does not fit all but I figured that a lot of sensitive people may be more prone to this as we react strongly to negative vibes of other people. On the flip side sensitive people make Great employers and the people who have worked for me have most always thrived as I treat them as I would like to be treated always encouraging them and thanking them for a job well done. Sensitive people have a gift I believe!-FF