Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone!
Hi, just realized I don't have a thread started here yet.  Many of you know me already but for those who don't it's great to meet you all.  I've been suffering with lower back pain for the better part of 17 years.  I have issues with insomnia and anxiety, I'm sure many of you can relate.  I love these forums as they are quite possibly the best support group I have found to help keep us all going day to day with our many struggles.  Very glad to be part of the community!
Hey djdsk8, I think I remember You from that place that shall not be named, welcome aboard or welcome back? Anyway hello!
Welcome, I as well can relate. I also suffer from pain, as well as anxiety and something that has recently been dubbed as aberrant behavior (or maybe it was abhorrent, who knows). I think I already complimented you on the avatar but if I haven't, otakus' rule, even geijings like me. Salutations new friend, may you find all that you need.

btw: sorry for all the horrible spelling mistakes I probably made, my kanji not so good.
“When they said, repent, I wonder what they meant.” - Leonard Cohen RIP
Hello folks i suffer from anxiety and poor sleep -a problem shared theory is a
problem halved as they say Smile
Hello djdsk8. I can really understand back pain, anxiety, insomnia, and even aberrant quirks (as Ivor called them) because I suffer from all. I think sometimes they even travel in packs. Tongue

I've had two back surgeries and have a rod and screws in my lowest level of vertebra. I don't recommend surgery unless you really have to. I have arthritis in my hands, back, and knees that is tremendously painful. I've had anxiety as long as I can remember - I grew up in a home filled with rage and physical violence fueled by alcohol. And there were other things during my childhood that I won't discuss in an open forum.

I am only 52 years old but I feel like my body is 72 years old. When my chronic pain started in my early forties, I went through all 5 stages of loss (most notable were anger and despair). I now feel that I have finally reached acceptance (with occasional bouts of despair). I have mild OCD quirks that are worse when there is stress involved.

All that being said (not for pity), I feel as if there is nothing that I cannot empathize with or understand and if there is, I will truly try to. So if you need someone to talk with, I will listen without any judgements. Peace. Smile

Willie

(02-17-2016, 07:25 PM)djdsk8 Wrote: Hi, just realized I don't have a thread started here yet.  Many of you know me already but for those who don't it's great to meet you all.  I've been suffering with lower back pain for the better part of 17 years.  I have issues with insomnia and anxiety, I'm sure many of you can relate.  I love these forums as they are quite possibly the best support group I have found to help keep us all going day to day with our many struggles.  Very glad to be part of the community!
Wow djdsk8, somehow your welcome thread was over looked my me.

About 3 years ago

Firstly let me say welcome to you.

Now we need to talk about posting habits. That have come to our attention. OK.

We do not like most all ones posts in the welcome thread and some copied at that.

Since I have tried to respond to your post in another members welcome thread we will now bring it to this one to talk to you about this.

Im gonna PM you about this and we can talk on here.

All we need is for you to understand that you will have a goodly amount of posts deleted because of the abuse of using the welcome thread to build your post count.

It is true that we like for all to greet new members but as I said you have gone over the top .

Here is the thread  we started talking to you about this.
http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=51...#pid119529

Go to it and read the posts to you by Charon and I.

But now lets all post any responses or questions in this thread. ok.

You may PM me or Charon rather than respond here. Of course.
Welcome dj, I hope you find what you are looking for here. Back pain is a nightmare!
Cool Cool Welcome Big Grin Big Grin
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
Welcome aboard Djdsk8.