Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seroque/Quetiapine for Anxiety
Oh my...this is the new medical practice antipsychotics/antidepressants for anxiety is becoming the front line for docs.

Good luck getting anything ending with "pam" even with medical records showing they work and you can be trusted with them.

I have been down this road and the side effects for many people are awful.

They prescribe remeron and tradazone and now seroquel for "off label" use for anxiety this is imho bad practice.

Look into the side effects and handouts your should get from your doc or pharmacist.

Dear God I never want to be forced down that road again-I lost so much being a lab rat for "off-label" use.

Second post and my eyesight is not what it used to be but then it could be type 2 diabetes from being on that seroquel-one of the little side effects the quacks will not tell you about.
This seroquel stuff didnt help my insomnia a bit but gave me body shakes which thankfully went away.
Please look up Seroquel or ANY of the the other "pines" these are anti psychotics.  These should be restricted meds only from shrinks and mainly for schizophrenia-a terrible malady for which you need these types of meds-should not be front line for anxiety the side effects are a mile long and really have not been vetted for anxiety and ptsd.

My mentor was upset when they basically removed Librium from his toolkit NLM and restricted-he always said try 2 weeks of lib for a patient and wait-he was right then and he would still be right today.  RIP I miss you doc.
I also was prescribed Seroquel off-label for anxiety. Made me groggy but probably more anxious. No thanks.
I wouldn’t go anywhere near it. My doctor had me on a low starting dose, and it not only tore my stomach up making me sick, and according to my now ex but partner watched me sleep walk and even eat in my sleep. I gained like 25 pounds in a month. But I have heard of a ton of success from it. Just be cautious.
(09-20-2019, 05:49 PM)mr-nobody Wrote: Oh my...this is the new medical practice antipsychotics/antidepressants for anxiety is becoming the front line for docs.

Good luck getting anything ending with "pam" even with medical records showing they work and you can be trusted with them.

I have been down this road and the side effects for many people are awful.

They prescribe remeron and tradazone and now seroquel for "off label" use for anxiety this is imho bad practice.

Look into the side effects and handouts your should get from your doc or pharmacist.

Dear God I never want to be forced down that road again-I lost so much being a lab rat for "off-label" use.

Second post and my eyesight is not what it used to be but then it could be type 2 diabetes from being on that seroquel-one of the little side effects the quacks will not tell you about.
Sorry-Seroquel and all its relatives were not ever intended for anxiety and my disgust that they are knows no bounds.

DO NOT let yourself get told to use this crap for anxiety without really grilling your doc or pharmacist re side effect and there are lots of them my favorites are high blood sugar-bad lipids and the best----motor tics that sometimes never go away---enjoy.

For certain people with other mental health issues maybe...for anxiety and nothing else was tried first? No.
I take Seroquel 350mg it knocks me out but does not keep me asleep. I am adding 5-HTP to see if helps.
Agreed. Seroquel is classified as an antipsychotic, and is NOT intended for anti-anxiety properties. If your doctor is pushing Seroquel as a replacement for actual anxiolytics like V or C or X, just say no. I hate "just say no" but unless you actually need antipsychotics, this is not a class of medication that you should be taking.
I was prescribed 20 mg twice a day, and it did help with the anxiety low dose, but still made me feel groggy and lazy and gained some weight on it, I switched to b3nz0 for anxiety and I prefer them much more.