Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benzo cold turky
There is another thread about working out and anxiety/depression. I really think creating a well rounded work out plan and eating clean will help you continue the progress. You have to grow some receptors back naturally after benzo use, and the only way to do that and fast is to work out. Run, walk, bike, lift weights high reps, yoga anything..... Heart rate up at least 2 of your weekly workouts.. You will soon live by working out and won't be able to see life without committing to that as well. A lot of post tappering folks get a lot of benefit from working out after they stop using medication. It's a savior that isn't put on the pedestal it deserves. JMO
" The Intuitive Mind Is a Sacred Gift and the Rational Mind Is a Faithful Servant " AE
(04-24-2019, 07:49 AM)TeknoFunk Wrote: There is another thread about working out and anxiety/depression. I really think creating a well rounded work out plan and eating clean will help you continue the progress. You have to grow some receptors back naturally after benzo use, and the only way to do that and fast is to work out. Run, walk, bike, lift weights high reps, yoga anything..... Heart rate up at least 2 of your weekly workouts.. You will soon live by working out and won't be able to see life without committing to that as well. A lot of post tappering folks get a lot of benefit from working out after they stop using medication. It's a savior that isn't put on the pedestal it deserves. JMO

Will weights really help?
For me the most important thing is getting my heart up, which I tend to do with weights anyway but it doesn't go very high unless it's a HIIT type workout. There's something about strength training though that makes you feel very relaxed afterwards, probably an effect of the muscle strain.
(04-24-2019, 04:29 PM)Cantique Wrote: For me the most important thing is getting my heart up, which I tend to do with weights anyway but it doesn't go very high unless it's a HIIT type workout. There's something about strength training though that makes you feel very relaxed afterwards, probably an effect of the muscle strain.

I am going to start some weight training maily for self confidence Big Grin
Quitting Cold Turkey can kill through violent seizures. Look up the Ashton Method, stock up on Valium, and be disciplined. No extras to reward yourself, many of us have been there haha. Exercise definitely helps.

If you MUST quit cold, do a rapid taper. But PLEASE taper with low-dose Valium (or Bromazepam)