Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benzo cold turky
I know its not recommended but any one with experience? I'm really hoping i stopped just in time! Thanks!
Please be very careful if you go 'cold turkey '...Its Not something to take lightly with ANY benzo unless you have experience of doing so before!
Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path...
And leave a trail... of Love, Laughter and Understanding.
Depends on the dosage you are using currently....IMO

Anything greater than 5mg per day- should be tapered to avoid side effects. 

Lot's of threads on how to do the tapering on the forum.

Good luck!...……………...Folken
Thanks 4 the replies guys. I'll let you know how i get on. It's been a week so fingers crossed
honstym, how are you doing physically and emotionally? I just always worry about seizures when I hear about people going cold turkey off of Benzos. Hope all is going great and I hope you are feeling happy and healthy!
Faith and fear can not coexist  Angel
(01-28-2019, 06:02 PM)Noelb98 Wrote: honstym, how are you doing physically and emotionally? I just always worry about seizures when I hear about people going cold turkey off of Benzos. Hope all is going great and I hope you are feeling happy and healthy!

To be honest i dont feel 2 bad. I've been using a bit of gabapentin plus another anti seizure drug. Guys.. thanks so much for giving a shit. I'm hoping im near the end of this. I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for your advice. Peace to all.
I did it once, and even with a taper, it really took a toll on me.
(09-27-2018, 08:42 PM)Charon Wrote: You must learn to be responsible for your own health in this day and age.  The government does not care.

Thanks honstym for sharing and you seem to heading in the right direction. Your Gabapentin tip is useful as well as other suggestions of diet, exercise especially in nature, water and I will include Inderal when I take the leap. I've drastically reduced my b consumption over the last year, so I feel I'm getting close to going cold turkey. Good luck and keep us posted. Stay safe!
MoJim
Thanks so much for your replies. I am still craving but i can handle it. I'll let u know how i feel in a few days. Blessings to all
just to update... im still feeling ill. got the squirts. very sniffly like i have a bad cold. why do these helpful drugs have to be so addictive. never mind ill get there. thanks for your replies guys i hope you all are well