Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on late order
Have a subscription stuck at ISC only 60 miles from my house and it's now going on 12 days with no movement. Vendor says the PO has probably lost it and I should call them. If it was a...........toaster I would have no problem talking to them, but not so sure about this item. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. It's registered mail, so I'll probably need to sign for it. What would you do?
MoJim

I would give it a few more days, but I am a nervous Nellie about receiving home appliances. I hate waiting, too.

Sad
Thanks willie, I'll give it till the end of the week and then make a decision. I just think that inquiring about it, will bring more scrutiny. I personally prefer no tracking and no signature. Don't need digital bread crumbs leading to my door.
I'm with the "nervous" "don't draw attention" and "paranoid" group. IOPNess makes a good point, if it is lost, you showing up isn't going to help them find it. If it has fallen into the wrong hands, then it is lost anyway, so it might be best to simply hope it will turn up, and move on. Just my humble opinion...
Let us say a good friend ordered. and it made it to the other side of our country.

And i see a check mark next to delivered. Oh really?

When xxperson contacted vendor, they were told: we have delay. cold weather. don't reverse payment method.

And, as i hear it, the wait goes on...

Now i know some would become upset with ttm, but they were the Cat's Pajamas for many a year. sighs.

So my friend got a notice its the cold. in US. don't do payment reversal.

Hmmm. He will never fall for an unknown/ non legendary figure again. *whom was not in their prime anymore*

buggery bollocks.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Yup- got to know when you are being strung along.

Takes experience and some street smarts/common sense - not wishing on a star.

If it's too good to be true - it is
Cold weather delay- maybe a day or 2 at most- then it's BS

This is why this forum is good- it provides a place for weeding out the good seed from the chafe.

We all work too hard to just give up our $$ for pie in the sky...……………..

<< perhaps a good thread to start would be "WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN BAD VENDORS"- Examples and common things to watch out for >>>

have a fantastic day-- if you chose to folks  ... ;0)$~

Folken
It is not clear if you have the actual tracking number or not, but I know that I have had several business shipments via truck, UPS and USPS stuck at many locations for the last two weeks due to weather. Also, I was told the federal shutdown was delaying some of the parts of the process with ISCs. Personally, I would not go anywhere near tracking or calling about it and just wait.

I had a friend call Fed Ex about a subscription that was at their terminal, but showed stuck. They told her they knew what is was and asked her if she wanted to come and pick it up. She never did that again....
(02-08-2019, 04:02 PM)Laxfinity Wrote: It is not clear if you have the actual tracking number or not, but I know that I have had several business shipments via truck, UPS and USPS stuck at many locations for the last two weeks due to weather.  Also, I was told the federal shutdown was delaying some of the parts of the process with ISCs.  Personally, I would not go anywhere near tracking or calling about it and just wait.

I had a friend call Fed Ex about a subscription that was at their terminal, but showed stuck.  They told her they knew what is was and asked her if she wanted to come and pick it up.  She never did that again....

Yes, I have the tracking number. Weather is NOT the problem in this area of the world right now. I agree with all that I should NOT call as it would NOT get me my birds, but also it would directly have me acknowledge this is mine and I can't play innocent, if it's seized. I don't have direct knowledge about customs, but I spent 30yrs....in the parcel/pkg/letter delivery service. Sooo...........I know a little bit about how things work. At this point I don't think it was seized, but probably lost or stolen. Thank you to everybody that has commented, it has certainly helped me cope with this ongoing situation.
I have been ordering vinyl records for almost 15 years here and there. In my humble opinion they all go at some point. I did receive my vinyl records after 6 months once though. Still did not order again.
Many times, I have a late subscription delivery and it seems like it's stuck in limbo I figure it is laying in a stack of misplaced mail at the PO.  The item eventually shows up. The USPS has a app called Informed Delivery which will show you everything that will soon be delivered to your mailbox.  You can sign up for the service online.  The service helps keep you from nervously waiting at the mail box each day.  I hope this helps.