Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Favorite Strain
I know there are so many strains, and often who knows if it is the strain it claims to be. But with that in mind, I thought I would start a thread about peoples favorite strains.

Main interest is to calm anxiety, help bring out laughter and happiness, and help pain and inflammation. Usually I am an indiga person. OK certainly don’t need to do that, I just want to clarify what I am looking for in a strain. Hopefully there will be diversity, and everybody is different, so just trying to communicate the best.

so I will give two strains. The first one ironically is a sativa I am pretty sure called blue dream. I like it because there is no paranoia. And then the strain purchased legally for the first time ever saw it, called cherry cookies.

so blue dream and cherry cookies. you can look them up in Leafly

A lot of herb is very very strong nowadays, so I suggest a THC level around 10% for those starting off. That might even be a little bit high. But just guessing what the normal level was 30 years ago. And I think kind was around 10 to 15%. also all these new ways of using cannabis are revolutionary, so maybe someone finds a manner they like the best. when it comes to killing pain, cannabis can really be helpful. good luck everyone.
Funny you mentioned it. Blue dream (real) I had back in 2008 in college. Only got it twice and will never forget that name or how powerful it was.
I don't look for any particular strain, just the ratio of THsee and CBdee. Twice as much C as T and with the T being 5-10% max. The two I've seen are Willie's (Nelson) Reserve Rising Pines by Flow Kana. Basically it's Willie endorsed! The other is Pineapple Tonic by State Flower. I found these by checking online beforehand at dispensaries where legal. Usually these 2:1 ratios are hard to find. They do work great for anxiety with little to no paranoia. Any good dispensary will state the levels of T and C in their products. I never go above 10% T

It used to be that Sativa's were high in T and the Indica's were considered a more mellow anxiety relieving strain. But with so many hybrids I have seen some Sativa's that are high in CBdee. Will certainly research blue dream and cherry cookies.
MoJim
Well said Mojim. someone mentioned Girl Scout cookies the strain that is. And yes you cannot go wrong with that as cherry cookies is a cross between cherry pie and Girl Scout cookies. Girl Scout cookies is another very very quality strain. But Moe Jim said something genius. CBD is an amazing part of herb and should always be taken into account. It’s part of this amazing revolution of finding great medicine.

A lot of people just look for high THC, but CBD is part of what we are used to when we smoke ganja. So I was a history major not a science major but I am pretty sure CBD does balance out anxiety a bit when it comes to THC at high levels. So I myself am going to start experimenting with everything from 1 to 1 to 4 to 1 with THC to CBD. well said Mojim well said. thank you and everybody have a great night
I am liking Gorilla Glue & Bruce Banner lately. I find them very helpful for depression & mood swings.
This too shall pass. Heart
I'll have a hard time deciding between Cynex and AK 47 both are excellent strains in my book.
 How People Treat You is Their Karma, How You React is Yours
Honestly, whatever can get me really high and let me think really deeply.
(09-27-2018, 08:42 PM)Charon Wrote: You must learn to be responsible for your own health in this day and age.  The government does not care.

(01-19-2019, 05:23 AM)celts17 Wrote: Well said Mojim.  someone mentioned Girl Scout cookies the strain that is. And yes you cannot go wrong with that as cherry cookies is a cross between cherry pie and Girl Scout cookies. Girl Scout cookies is another very very quality strain. But Moe Jim said something genius.  CBD is an amazing part of herb and should  always be taken into account. It’s part of this amazing revolution of finding great medicine.

A lot of people just look for high THC, but CBD is part of what we are used to when we smoke ganja. So  I was a history major not a science major but I am pretty sure CBD does balance out anxiety a bit when it comes to THC at high levels. So I myself am going to start experimenting with everything from 1 to 1 to 4 to 1 with THC to CBD.  well said Mojim well said.   thank you and everybody have a great night

,Thanks celts1, though I'm sure that's the first time that "genius" has ever been attached to my name Smile. While experimenting with different ratios I have found the 2:1 Cbd to Thc to work well for me. Every body is different YMMV. My wife has noticed that when I'm using the 2:1 I'm more talkative, happier and wittier Cool . She much prefers me using this than B's. So I guess it's happy wife happy life.
Latter Skaters
MJ just call it like I see it :-). Yup more and more there will be more breakthroughs, and let’s hope sooner than later. As horrible stuff like Parkinson’s and cancer to name two are not waiting around for cures. and I’m not saying cannabis is the hundred percent cure for anything, I’m just saying it really has shown such potential, and it’s not addictive. So why not give it a chance? not as the single superstar, but rather as part of the team if I may use sports as a metaphor. it would follow that the answers to all of our ailments are on the earth somewhere.

anyway skywalker Kush, pretty solid. Strain of the month for me.
I like 'dad weed', you know, not too high in THC, good CBD ratio. Can still function fairly normally.