Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ozempic
I hope this does not start too much controversy because I know it’s a hot topic for people who really have diabetes.  My doctor recently started me on ozempic.  The side effects are pretty horrific.  And I’m wondering if I will continue the once weekly injections.  I was just wondering if anyone on here is going through a similar journey.  It’s definitely a situation where the cons might weigh the pros.
I knowa few people taking ozempic that are diabetic, and some taking wegovy, the weight loss version.
One taking ozemoic had a hard time with the side effects, but 3 others have lost an average of 25 lbs each.  
Wegovy people seem to also be losing weight.  I know the average person can't afford wegovy. Most insurance
won't cover it, and it's about $1500 per month.
The side effects are pretty brutal, nausea, dizziness, lethargy, headache, crying at various movements during the day really fatigued. Today is my third day on it and I actually felt almost normal because I force myself to have several small meals during the day. It’s just crazy how it’s completely wiped out your appetite so you’re not thinking of food and I’m a really food motivated person. I’m paying out-of-pocket for it so I won’t be staying on longer than the two months I signed up for if I make it that long I just need a jumpstart since I gained 30 pounds during Covid.
hang in there. i shall look up some info tomorrow.
but i would listen to anything traygold says about this medicine.

It will be okay. I pray the Lord grant you the peace that surpasseth understanding.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Thanks Charon! Several days in and I’m starting to feel normal and incorporate exercise back into my daily routine. Thanks as well Traygold for ur feedback ?
so glad to hear that happyvibe.

May you continue to feel better. HUGS.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel