Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 Mindless Habits to Break if You Want to Lose Weight
I definitely agree with a couple individuals above. It's really not easy to mitigate panic attacks just with deep breathing techniques. It seems like the effects aren't noticeable or something. It takes a lot of work and for me personally I can recognize now that a pill will work better than focusing on breathing. Not meaning to discount anything though. Thank you.
Awesome Sudsy! 

Glad this thread was revived/maintained.  It's given me some good new years goals.  I stopped working out because I had a hard time balancing the calorie intake with how much weights I lifted.  I lifted a LOT.  p90x style bring it kind of stuff.  But I would be so hungry that even making something like a broccoli casserole with white meat chicken would make me gain too much weight as I needed lots of food to maintain the lifestyle.  Granted, I could lift a small car, but couldn't keep up with any kind of portion control because my body always said eat due to the weight lifting.  Now I only to aerobic exercises and I've lost 20 lbs over two years.  Feels much better even though I don't have those arms and legs that I used to get complements on.  I truly "feel" better, and that's what's important.  Great post to keep us all motivated!
My psych tried the breathing with me to an no success, thegreaseman! He said it works better than medication and I just smirked. But to each their own. As for diet, if you wanna gain/lose weight and a lot of people don't get that part. and imo sugar it's terrible for you. There is plenty of research showing it is no longer what it once was, and how we do not need it at all. I've read repeatedly it does more harm than good (if any). Just get organic honey Wink
"The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease"  -William Osler

"The art of Medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease"  -Voltaire

(02-09-2018, 06:23 PM)horsies Wrote: My psych tried the breathing with me to an no success, thegreaseman!  He said it works better than medication and I just smirked.  But to each their own. As for diet, if you wanna gain/lose weight and a lot of people don't get that part.  and imo sugar it's terrible for you.  There is plenty of research showing it is no longer what it once was, and how we do not need it at all.  I've read repeatedly it does more harm than good (if any).  Just get organic honey Wink

Indeed, to each their own. Yeah processed sugar is not good for us, fruit and honey is good though, in moderation. My attitude is that moderation in everything is good. I will sometimes have a cookie or a piece of cobbler but it isn't an everyday occurrence though. I also recently cut back on eating out due to expenses and also weight gain. In just a few days I've definitely lost a little bit of weight. Cooking for yourself is great!
Amazing tips - the one about candy table on your desk hit me at home! The best advice i try to follow is to maintain self control. IF it tastes too good then its probably not that great for you :-(
(02-15-2018, 02:05 AM)wolverine719 Wrote: Amazing tips - the one about candy table on your desk hit me at home! The best advice i try to follow is to maintain self control. IF it tastes too good then its probably not that great for you :-(

When I'm craving candy, I make a smoothie. It kind of satisfies that candy craving as well as ice cream craving. It's not the same of course, but it something, and I can add in greens and protein powder. Makes me feel like I'm doing something good for my body.
^agreed! Smoothies are a great way to sneak in those pesky veggies and probiotics (via kefir, etc.)