Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please don't take forgetfulness to lightly
 Everyone misplaces their keys at times and then takes the attitude that as long as they know where their car is they are alright. Though dementia is more common in people over the age of 65, it can also affect younger people. Early onset of the disease can begin when people are in their 30s, 40s, or 50s. Particularly in people who have had concussions and addiction issues.  Medical science has made much progress in understanding and treating mental health in aging. With treatment and early diagnosis, They/you can slow the progression of the disease and maintain high level of mental function which can makes a substantial difference in the quality of ones life.
There is a lot of helpful information online for anyone interested.

Regards,
F.W.D
Have you had a cuncussion FWD?

This might be placed in the wrong area. ?

(11-19-2018, 01:32 AM)Linville Wrote: Have you had a cuncussion FWD?

This might be placed in the wrong area. ?

.Hello Linville,

Wrong area? I don't know, direct me, please.

Concussions? yes. A couple while playing football (back in the day when the game was much more primitive & brutal.)
 One other in a car accident.
Plus I was a daily drinker almost 30 years. Quit in March 1997, not a drop since
Good callout FWD, this is not something I think about very often!
(11-19-2018, 05:38 AM)WMCWMC Wrote: Yeah,

I am losing my shoe term memory fast after long term benzodiazepine use.

It sucks but I suffer from terrible PTSD so I would rather forget my keys then constantly have the types of disturbances that I have when I am off benzodiazepines.

WMCWMC, Man if it weren't for reading books and eating benzo I probably would have checked out in the 70's. Reading good stories saved my attitude and now it's a pleasure and I  can enjoy other things that I had lost interest in. Read and talk honestly with people. it will save you from a miserable life, or death. Take care
When i get off benzos i have horrible short term memory and misplace stuff like put stuff that goes in pantry in the fridge. But when i get back on them the problems go away. I have adhd too so i was always forgetfull and losing stuff since young but im assuming the memory problems when stopping benzos is withdrawl issues. So i start them back up and i feel normal again. Brains been rewired i guess.