Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tardive dyskenisia (sp)
I just saw a commercial for a med to treat this and it disgusted me. For those who don't know, TD is not a natural condition- it's only contracted as a side effect for antipsychotics like thorazine.
So it's like, you have this crippling side effect from meds we're giving you, let's throw more chemical trash at it to help.
Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stranger[Image: lightbulb.png]
this has always freaked me out cuz i have a very beloved relative, and cuz he is very christian, and talked about it, his wall street firm made him take heavy heavy meds that did lead to the stilted walk and flailing and what have u.

one of the newer commercials, for skin care? says it will work just fine. u may experience tardive sp? But the catch is, although those symptoms will never go away, they don't show up for several months once u start the damned "medicine."

And they give these heavy halderol meds to 86 yr old grandmas. No side effects possible there.

Hey Ratzo.

Hope u r well. I do know the FDA terrorizes those in medical profession whom try to create new discoveries to keep one alive. My medical doctor sister was co creator of a pad that very easily helped a woman or man discover a very tiny lump in breasts. Would have saved lives. But the co creator was terrified of FDA. He would not go on Tv and explain the product any more. So My sister gave up.

Isn't the first rule of medicine to do no harm? Well they all blew that one big time.

I was the first group to be experimented on with anti depressants. They knew nothing. Not even that a cough syrup with an MAO inhibitor can cause paralysis that never goes away.

Had bronchitis. Took my AD. Pharmacist gave me cough syrup so i did not ruin a concert for every one else. Blind date. Well, the cough syrup worked. I became paralyzed. A law enforcemnt office, after we spoke to my doctor sister and she said: just wait and see if paralysis wears off, the cop carried me to front row. Never saw the blind date again. Did see the cop. And i never took another damned AD again.

I am not a happy happy joy person nor do i expect to be one. There is much sorrow in life and one bucks up and takes it.

And why would anyone want an AD that makes u really really want to kill urself? a tad bit counterproductive, eh wot?
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Do you Know they took my grandma off lorazepam 1mg every night, after FIFTEEN YEARS, and after about 6 trip to emergency room the doctor finally listened to me and put her back on it. The poor woman is 90, what possible reason could you have for withdrawing her? Not even a taper just cold turkey.
That's another good line by big pharma advertising "this antidepressant has increased risk of suicide... But otherwise you're just peachy". The FDA is a joke, they ram anything through because they consistent of big pharma board members
I was my family caregiver despite the fact i am a doctor of law. My elder sister is a doctor of medicine but exhibits a depraved indifference to human life. If she hears a person may have Cancer, she says: feed them rat poison. Don' talk to her anymore.

But,I was caregiver. Me mothers oncologist prescribed what i said. Being an attorney is helpful. But, the night she began to pass over, I could tell. And she was shaking and nervous from the prednisone. And asked me for a second xanax to slow down her racing heart. And by God she got that pill.

And the friggin oncologist when i informed him my mother passed that morning, and i did inform him i gave her an extra xanax, he screamed at me: u made ur mother an addict on the last day of her life.

woh. what a son of a bitch thing to say. rather stupid as well. ooh, turns out he did not know she had cancer spread throughout her entire body. And if a friggin xanax can help the patient, and i can procure same, then the patient will get the friggin xanax and i shall handle the friggin physician in the Courts.

Good thing i never told him me mother wanted MMJ. and i got it for her. but as far as we knew she had lung cancer and we felt it could harm her. The marinol sucked.

And we had dumped her last oncologist cuz after one appt with him, he billed the Estate of Mrs. xxx. She was not dead yet u moron.

Yeah but when a member of congress or of the FDA will be guzzling medicines if he presents with a cold. We the people are just in their way.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Just a quick warning. My psychiatrist put me on seroquel for a short time and during this time I developed those twitches. I immediately stopped the pill and thankfully they went away. Ask a lot of questions before you are prescribed this type of stuff.
(11-03-2018, 08:22 PM)Charon Wrote: I was my family caregiver despite the fact i am a doctor of law.  My elder sister is a doctor of medicine but exhibits a depraved indifference to human life. If she hears a person may have Cancer, she says: feed them rat poison.  Don' talk to her anymore.

But,I was caregiver.  Me mothers oncologist prescribed what i said. Being an attorney is helpful.  But, the night she began to pass over, I could tell.  And she was shaking and nervous from the prednisone. And asked me for a second xanax to slow down her racing heart.  And by God she got that pill.

And the friggin oncologist when i informed him  my mother passed that morning, and i did inform him i gave her an extra xanax, he screamed at me:  u made ur mother an addict on the last day of her life.

woh.  what a son of a bitch thing to say.  rather stupid as well.   ooh, turns out he did not know she had cancer spread throughout her entire body.  And if a friggin xanax can help the patient, and i can procure same, then the patient will get the friggin xanax and i shall handle the friggin physician in the Courts.

Good thing i never told him me mother wanted MMJ.  and i got it for her.  but as far as we knew she had lung cancer and we felt it could harm her.  The marinol sucked.

And we had dumped her last oncologist cuz after one appt with him, he billed the Estate of Mrs. xxx.  She was not dead yet u moron.

Yeah but when a member of congress or of the FDA will be guzzling medicines if he presents with a cold.  We the people are just in their way.
Thanks for sharing that Charon. My grandma's in a home and suffering in pain and all they seem to offer is -maybe- TYLENOL- I SAY REALLY!!
I call these situations Palliative care- why would a doctor be concerned about addiction prescription to dying or elderly (my grandma's 91 ) patients? These prescriptions, in these cases, are called compassion and absolutely necessary. My mom is dealing with this same issue with doctors for my grandma- She might get addicted- they say. I say SO WHAT!!!...………...sheesh doctors...............….Folken