Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certified LL help
Hey team,

So I posted this in someone else’s thread and realized I should have just started my own I received a certified letter from customs with a seizure notice that was a little different than the typical notice. They claim my mags were worth 8,000 which is crazy and 30x what I actually ordered. Do I need to talk to a lawyer? Has anyone here received one certified?
Does it say or ask to do anything.?
It says it’s a non-cafra form one line says “you may be liable for civil penalty in this matter. If you are liable for civil penalty, details on the civil penalty are I. The attached letter;or, if not attached, are being prepared and will be mailed shortly.”
It’s about 5 pages. One page has 5 options to chose and send back (not doing that obviously) and has a case number instead of a reference number like LL’s I’ve seen before.
8k if you were to petition. Thing is you never ordered anything.........
The vendor might want a copy if you want a reship of your order, so take a pic/scan send to the vendor then destroy it including any digital copy you made before sending to the vendor. Delete sent items from email if you do make a copy to send to vendor, delete any trace of it, shred, burn, delete.
Mind the Gap Please. Exclamation
(11-03-2018, 01:16 PM)G.Elias Wrote: The vendor might want a copy if you want a reship of your order, so take a pic/scan send to the vendor then destroy it including any digital copy you made before sending to the vendor. Delete sent items from email if you do make a copy to send to vendor, delete any trace of it, shred, burn, delete.

Spot on advice.  I, myself, like to photograph everything but make sure photos are taken on an old school camera (ie, no WiFi), transfer them immediately to a disposable hard drive or usb and then delete all originals and any backup my pc tries to create.

Same for correspondence.  Save all emails as PDFs and placed on a disconnected hard drive.  After delivery, all emails get deleted ‘permanently’ and anything physical that is left over.

Can never be too careful.
Cant quote you thepianist for some reason but good advicE all round,esp WI-FI,had forgot about that,saving to ext HD is a good thing to do,or usb stick,amount of storage you get on a usb stick now is cheap as i have ever known it.Its easy to forget these type of things until you get into the routine of backing up somewhere else,this is another reminder to do it when you have time,stay safe,lot of wolves out there ready to bite.
Mind the Gap Please. Exclamation
(12-14-2018, 01:31 PM)G.Elias Wrote: Cant quote you thepianist for some reason but good advicE all round,esp WI-FI,had forgot about that,saving to ext HD is a good thing to do,or usb stick,amount of storage you get on a usb stick now is cheap as i have ever known it.Its easy to forget these type of things until you get into the routine of backing up somewhere else,this is another reminder to do it when you have time,stay safe,lot of wolves out there ready to bite.

G Elias, thank you for the compliment!

And I’ll also echo that the wolves are watching, waiting, and will bite if you throw caution into the wind.

(12-14-2018, 01:31 PM)G.Elias Wrote: Cant quote you thepianist for some reason but good advicE all round,esp WI-FI,had forgot about that,saving to ext HD is a good thing to do,or usb stick,amount of storage you get on a usb stick now is cheap as i have ever known it.Its easy to forget these type of things until you get into the routine of backing up somewhere else,this is another reminder to do it when you have time,stay safe,lot of wolves out there ready to bite.

G Elias, thank you for the compliment!

And I’ll also echo that the wolves are watching, waiting, and will bite if you throw caution into the wind.