Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Diazepam or Lorazepam?
I found the loraz had almost no effect on my anxiety. I’ve tried several different benz@s over the years and I always find myself going back to alp. I’m going to give Diaz another shot next week as it has helped my anxiety in the past just not as well as alp.

I have been lucky that I have never had any w/d symptoms from alp. I’ll go months at a time using every day and when I get low I’ll do a very quick taper from 2-4mg down to nothing within a week and so far so good I’ve never had any issues over the past 20years. Although I am very mindful of not going from 2-4mg a day and just stopping cold turkey. But like I said my tapers are very quick. I guess I’m very lucky as far as that goes.

But I do want to give Diaz another chance especially since people are talking about the muscle relaxant qualities Diaz has which I don’t think alp has any.
So it would be nice if Diaz could control my anxiety issues and give me a little pain relief/muscle relaxant.
Sigh, I haven’t yet found a B3nz0 that relieves my anxiety. All they do is put me to sleep. And while I guess that technically works as I can’t be anxious when asleep, it isn’t very practicalSad
Faith and fear can not coexist  Angel
Klonopin will always be my preferred benzo. It lasts the longest and keeps my anxiety/panic disorder stable. I've been taking it since '06. Lorazepam is my second option (doesn't last as long, unfortunately). Diazepam does absolutely NOTHING for my anxiety, it just makes me go to sleep.
(09-02-2019, 12:16 PM)Noelb98 Wrote: Sigh, I haven’t yet found a B3nz0 that relieves my anxiety.  All they do is put me to sleep.  And while I guess that technically works as I can’t be anxious when asleep, it isn’t very practicalSad
Which benzos are you using and at what dose?
I prefer Loraz over Diaz. Loraz seems to last longer and is more effective especially with sleep. My Dr. prescribes Diaz when you have a pulled muscle or pinched nerve. I'm told that Diaz has a relaxing effect on the skeletal muscular system. For anxiety and insomnia, loraz works best tor me.
My preference is for the longer acting Dover Lor but it is a case of individuals taste ime
Well lorazepam is much stronger than diazepam so if you were to change you would have to take that into account but if you were trying to wean off benzos diazepam is perfect because of their long half life. It can be a miracle worker in that respect.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a product that reduced anxiety and increased energy? That's been a problem I have found myself. Sure I can reduce anxiety, but there is always a cost and that is being sleepy.

However the best product I have found thus far is lorazepam (At!van). I can work, focus and not become overwhelmed with anxiety, which helps me live a more productive life.
Love, laugh and LIVE
As far as cutting back I use diazepam as it still help me to control anxiety but the half life isn't too short and if I take it right before bed it generally helps with sleep and cuts anxiety throughout the whole next day. Lorazepam doesn't have the lasting effects s it once did anymore.
(01-01-2020, 09:11 PM)Cbas89 Wrote: As far as cutting back I use diazepam as it still help me to control anxiety but the half life isn't too short and if I take it right before bed it generally helps with sleep and cuts anxiety throughout the whole next day.  Lorazepam doesn't have the lasting effects s it once did anymore.
Agree. IMHO diaz has always been and remains the gold standard of benzos.